Moog Voyager - The End of an Era

UstadKhanAli

• Members

I doubt I will ever own one of these, but it's one of the best synths I've ever heard....and it's going to end production.

"After 13 years & 14,000 instruments, production of the Minimoog Voyager is coming to an end. Moog will lovingly handcraft 600 final units of the Minimoog Voyager at their factory in downtown Asheville, NC before saying goodbye."

• Members
I wonder why they decided to discontinue it. :idk: I also wonder if there's something in the works that they're going to be releasing soon (maybe at Winter NAMM?) to take its place in the product lineup. And no' date=' I have no insider knowledge of any such product - it's merely supposition on my part.[/quote']

I have no idea either, but I am very interested in knowing if they have something up their sleeve at Winter NAMM.

I really love this synth. Beautiful. Complexity in the sonics. Gorgeous. Flexible. Fun. It's everything I want in a synth.

• CMS Author
I wonder why they decided to discontinue it.

14,000 instruments is a lot, and it's probably pretty expensive to build. They probably figure that's enough to go around.

Never can tell what they'll (or anyone, for that matter) will come up with for NAMM. Do they still make the guitar?

• Members

Not to even mention the fact that for old guys like me...Just looking at the things takes me back in time....Keith Emerson and that wall of Moog behind him onstage, patch cords going a million different places. and what at that time was absolutely magical shattering sounds.

Hell I'd like to have one just to sit here and look at it and remember.....

• Members

14,000 instruments is a lot, and it's probably pretty expensive to build. They probably figure that's enough to go around.

Never can tell what they'll (or anyone, for that matter) will come up with for NAMM. Do they still make the guitar?

guitar was discontinued in 2013

also

November 11, 2014: Slim Phatty Discontinued

April 29th, 2015: MF-105M & MF-107 Discontinued

May 12th, 2015: MF-104M Suspended (looking for parts)

June 8th, 2015: Voyager RME Discontinued

and now the Voyager

• Members
I wonder why they decided to discontinue it. :idk: I also wonder if there's something in the works that they're going to be releasing soon (maybe at Winter NAMM?) to take its place in the product lineup. And no' date=' I have no insider knowledge of any such product - it's merely supposition on my part.[/quote']

Moog has filed trademarks for Minimoog Model D and Mother 32

Minimoog is Obvious

Mother 32 info that has leaked :

All-in-one Moog synth voice (VCO, noise, multi-mode VCF, envelope generator, VCA, LFO) in Eurorack format.

It manages to pack a lot of interesting features into a small synth, including:

frequency and pulse-width modulation on the oscillator;

invertable envelopes on the filter mod: 1-octave keyboard controls in the front panel, similar to the Werkstatt’s;

and normalized connections let you use it without patching, but extensive patching options let you create a custom signal path.

Can be used as a standalone desktop synth module or as part of a Euro system

MIDI & CV control.

32 patch points.

Built-in 32-stage step sequencer, with per-note control over a large number of parameters, including gate length, accent, glide and ratcheting.

External control of the step sequencer, including tempo, run/stop, reset and more

64-sequences can be saved.

In addition to the single case, Moog will have racks that will stack 2 or three of the Mother32 synths.

The Moog Mother32 is expected to be available in early October, priced at US $599."

y2MYsGb.jpg

Well this is mere speculation, Moog hired Geert Bevin as a full time software engineer just a few months ago (allegedly to fix the bugs in the Animoog). Before, he worked on the Eigenharp, Linnstrument. Maybe Moog is working on a VA synth ? Or softsynths ?

• Members

It's the digital backlash. Vinyl turntables, analog synths, acoustic guitars, live sound systems...all have been gaining sales and market share.

But I still think the best Series III is the Arturia Moog Modular...takes up a lot less space, and I haven't had to fix a single patch cable.

• Members
It's the digital backlash. Vinyl turntables' date=' analog synths, acoustic guitars, live sound systems...all have been gaining sales and market share.[/quote']

And in part, the physical component as well. People want to play something, hold something, have something. This should not be overlooked at all.

Archived