Leaving the Bell Jar...

• Members

Right now, Anonymous 4, a mix of their albums, La bele Marie and Secret Voices, acapella pre- and renaissance music, because it's spacey and ethereal, a good way to meet the extended 'June gloom' (grey, foggy mornings) here on the SoCal coast. Later, I'll probably move into instrumental roots music, but for the first hour or so I like to groove on the spacier side of things.

Actually, I must have been anticipating an occasion such as this because, yesterday, when I realized that my subscription service,Google Play Music, doesn't make our own play logs available to us users, I dug back into my ancient and heretofore largely neglected Last.fm account to see if I could get it to 'scrobble' my GPM plays. I had to install a little third party Chrome extension, but I got it working...

So, now, until I get sick of people being able to see my bizarrely eclectic music picks: http://www.last.fm/user/TKMajor/library

• Members

Now that wins the Obscurity Award of the Month. Swedish LP ambient psychedelia circa 1972. Harps, flutes, dual electric fuzzbox leads, crickets, chanting, mournful ancient bowed string instruments, fog, smoke, snow, log fires, and long head-banging jams - ahh, I remember it all so well. If I'd only kept my horned helmet and elk-pelt jacket smiley-happy

I've made a playlist of Chillwave stuff I like. That's a genre that's pretty much already come and in terms of Pitchfork buzz and so on, but what care I for genres? If I like music I usually like it forever -

[YOUTUBE]pFGdSLVwTVE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zLgJiXiutk4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aTxGOyqKe30[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah it's all a bit soft-rockish, derivative of this and that (Washed Out sounds the most original to me) but nice stuff to do desk-work by.

nat whilk ii

• Members
Right now' date=' [b']Anonymous 4[/b], a mix of their albums, La bele Marie and Secret Voices, acapella pre- and renaissance music, because it's spacey and ethereal, a good way to meet the extended 'June gloom' (grey, foggy mornings) here on the SoCal coast. Later, I'll probably move into instrumental roots music, but for the first hour or so I like to groove on the spacier side of things.

Actually, I must have been anticipating an occasion such as this because, yesterday, when I realized that my subscription service,Google Play Music, doesn't make our own play logs available to us users, I dug back into my ancient and heretofore largely neglected Last.fm account to see if I could get it to 'scrobble' my GPM plays. I had to install a little third party Chrome extension, but I got it working...

So, now, until I get sick of people being able to see my bizarrely eclectic music picks: http://www.last.fm/user/TKMajor/library

Added a few from Amazon Music. THANKS!!!

• Members

Now that wins the Obscurity Award of the Month. Swedish LP ambient psychedelia circa 1972. Harps, flutes, dual electric fuzzbox leads, crickets, chanting, mournful ancient bowed string instruments, fog, smoke, snow, log fires, and long head-banging jams - ahh, I remember it all so well. If I'd only kept my horned helmet and elk-pelt jacket smiley-happy

I've made a playlist of Chillwave stuff I like. That's a genre that's pretty much already come and in terms of Pitchfork buzz and so on, but what care I for genres? If I like music I usually like it forever -

[YOUTUBE]pFGdSLVwTVE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zLgJiXiutk4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aTxGOyqKe30[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah it's all a bit soft-rockish, derivative of this and that (Washed Out sounds the most original to me) but nice stuff to do desk-work by.

nat whilk ii

Very "Sunday Morning with a Cup of Coffee" for me. Ten years ago, it would have been "It's 2am and I'm clearing my head" music :eatdrink013:

• Members

Added a few from Amazon Music. THANKS!!!

I'm delighted to have provided some leads... my tastes are pretty map-all-over, so it's probably a catch-as-can sort of thing. And it can change during the course of the day and from day to day with my occasionally mercurial moods.

Anyhow, I decided to put the link in my signature for the time being.

I really was mostly interested in looking over my past plays, which I'm sure Google can pull up internally but which they give no access to via either GPM's user interface or, far as I know, the programmer's API for GPM.

But at least such a list can be 'scrobbled' on the fly, at least as long as GPM, Last.fm, and my 3rd party extension (Google Play Last.fm Scrobbler, not affiliated with Google or Last.fm) all work together. wink.png PS... the Last.fm page doesn't refresh automatically so anyone following me in realtime, a) get a life and b) refresh your browser to see the more or less current track.

Archived