I'm back (but I'm not Arnold S)

• Members

Hi!

For some time there has been an issue that has prevented me from participating here. Now that issue is solved and I just wanted to say hi to everyone. And warn you that as I've been partly HC deprived for I while I may do some indiscriminate posting.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members
And warn you that as I've been partly HC deprived for I while I may do some indiscriminate posting.

I certainly hope so! HC is definitely bouncing back, slowly but surely. We haven't done any big "HC is Back!" thing because we still have some loose ends to nail down, however, the word is getting around and people who haven't posted here in years are posting again, and we're picking up some cool new people. Your return is great news indeed.

• Members

I'm glad to hear it's been solved! What was the problem and how did you manage to fix it?

It's great having you back Mats! :cool2:

Thanks Phil!

The problem was that the editor for posting didn't allow Swedish browsers to actually write anything. So Dendy hooked me up with the guys bend the HC web site and yesterday evening we had a long screen sharing session so they could figure out the problem and fix it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

Yes, Dendy: of course! (comment doesn`t work with opera; quote doesn`t work, either). Will try to post a .jpg from my HD: doesn`t seem to work (though the selectionbox opened up and let me choose a pic...) "Preview" does work (so I can see, that no pic will show...) Oh, yes: after hitting "Post Reply", the page starts the dreaded yellow "working..."-popup, another (download-selection-) box opens up asking me to save to disk or cancel, and only after done so, the post will appear out there on the web, but I have to open up a new tab or a new window, to view the result, (or monitor the result with a second/different browser or even PC... ) because the original tab/window remains in the "working"-state, without ever refreshing to the new content... I didn`t get a topic-reply-notification for your reply, b.t.w. ...

• Members

arrgh. all the nice spacings/tabulations I had in the post above, got lost - I usually don`t write in such a clueless string of characters...

EDIT: THIS EDIT from now on is done with a second browser on the same PC in another window,

will try to post some images now with FireFox

(in advanced editor),

depicting above post`s comments... :

(after I had to de-activate the attempt to upload a pic with opera, by closing the "camera"-box, before I could post that reply... )

This was the pic I tried to upload first:

fetch?id=31557470&type=full

but it didn`t let me, before cancelling the attempt:

fetch?id=31557472&type=full

The following shows the downloadbox that needs to be closed before the posting starts to apply:

fetch?id=31557473&type=full

and this shows the same page in the same tab/window, after having hit the "Post Reply"-button:

fetch?id=31557474&type=full where it stays frozen that way for hours on end...

Archived