How much do you love your fans and music?

• Members

This guy has to be one of the best!

While playing in Gothenburg Sweden this past friday night, Dave Grohl (frontman for Foo Fighters - as if you wouldn't know) fell off the stage and broke his leg. While EMTs set it and kept him stable, he continued the show!!! UNFREAKIN' Believable!

fetch?id=31512787

[video=youtube;pNf0NEHVIdk]

I saw that... he's pretty dedicated if you ask me. You know what they say though - the show must go on.

Did you hear about 5 Seconds Of Summer guitarist Michael Clifford's hair catching on fire from stage pyrotechnics? Looks like his face was burned too, but apparently he is going to be okay.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...oncert-2015146

They stopped that show early - understandably IMO.

In other touring news, Smashmouth's lead singer was hit by a (apparently, fan-thrown) flying slice of bread, and got pretty upset about it...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/...ead/ar-BBl9cSW

• Members

I love my fans and my music. They are two of the best things of my life.

I've heard actors say "Break a leg" but I never took them seriously.

I have played with a fever of 104F before. It was on a ship, outdoors on deck, on a cold winter's evening (45 degrees F), and I just leaned my back against the bulkhead and pretended not to be sick.

My mother checked my gig calender before she scheduled my father's funeral - she understood.

I was in a band where the bass player checked out of the hospital with double-pneumonia to make the gig and checked back in after the gig was over.

I've been playing pro since the 1960s and never-ever missed a gig.

The music is memorized, no one can replace me without months notice, the audience is depending on me, the venue is depending on us for revenue, my band mates are depending on me, if I can still fog a mirror, I'm making the gig.

Would I rather play sick or tell the venue owner (or worse Bridezilla) I'm not going to show up? I'll play.

Insights and incites by Notes

• Members

That's pretty awesome and will no doubt win him even more devotion from his fans. Heard they cancelled the next two shows though. Probably to make up later in the tour, I would imagine?

Played in a band once where we accidentally set the singers hair and face on fire when she stood over a flashpot that she couldn't see due to their being too much fog on stage. (Ah yes....the rock n roll days!) We took the stage after Quiet Riot had finished to a room full of screaming young kids and the stage techs got over excited and way over fogged the stage. No one could see a thing. I had no idea what was happening other than the singing sounded pretty bad. Poor thing was still trying to sing the song while sitting on the drum riser pouring ice water on her face. We had to cut that show short as she needed to be rushed to the hospital.

That's the only show in 35 years I can remember cancelling for such a reason. I've played sitting through gigs while puking into a bucket set up next to me. Yes....the show must always go on.

Archived