Too funny not to re-post - reliced guitars

• Members

They needed a few more drunks wearing guitars on stage bashing their guitars into mic stands and such, sitting it up against an amp and doing the full body slam, or in a stand, and someone trips over the cord and takes the stand and guitar over at the same time. all the normal stuff that ages an instrument.

• Members
Daddymack shared this over in Cool Jam, but for those of you who don't visit that forum regularly, here you go... enjoy. :lol:

It's perfect!

That was, indeed, great. It summed up my feelings about 'relic' guitars nicely. I'll buy a dinged guitar in a second (and have) if it sounds and plays good. But no way, heaven or hell, will I pay extra to have someone phony up some 'vintage' on my guitar. It's gonna get that way soon enough. I'm hard on my guitars.

• Members

The first guitar brought looks like a Early sixties, copper Danolectro/ Silvertone with coke bottle headstock...

single 'lipstick' pickup...

great old guitar...

'watching' one on fleabay right now.

• Members

I always loved his playing, but hated it he felt compelled to steal Hendrix and Townshend's shtick. They were both so much better at it. They have one of Pete's destroyed axes at the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. One of the things I was thrilled to see there.

Archived