Sweetwater GearFest 2015 - Like, Wow...

• Members

Couldn't make it this year because of the band schedule but had a buddy pick up the Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 for me while he was there. It was a great event last year; met Mr Anderton and attended his seminar on making software guitar amps sound good. I'm hoping I can get it scheduled to attend again next year.

I was fortunate to catch both talks. The standing room only audiences were very attentive and Mr. Anderton's presentations were lively' date=' fun and very informative.[/quote']

Very cool. I'm jealous - I wish I could have been there. I know one of the talks was titled "everything you need to know about dynamics", but what was the other one on?

• Members

FWIW...I wanted to master some user submitted songs at the mastering seminar, but ran out of time. I'm currently in New York being disruptive at the New Music Seminar :), but will master them when I return home next week and figure out some way to post the before and after examples. BTW I never master or mix anything within 48 hours of being on a plane...a subject that deserves its own topic!

• Members
FWIW...I wanted to master some user submitted songs at the mastering seminar' date=' but ran out of time. I'm currently in New York being disruptive at the New Music Seminar :), but will master them when I return home next week and figure out some way to post the before and after examples. BTW I never master or mix anything within 48 hours of being on a plane...a subject that deserves its own topic![/quote']

I'm eager to hear the before and after. As I'm still new at the whole mastering thing, I find I learn the most when I hear a before -> study what impacted the sound -> hear the after. Thanks for taking the time to master those songs.

Archived