R.I.P. B.B. King — 1925-2015

• Members

Even though I'm mainly a shredder guitarists ..... I and many others , of all Genres, owe too much to him !!!!. Those bends sure made us know how to talk-testify our joys and sorrows with our guitars.

R.I.P. BB King ..... you'll always be with us and you'll never be forgotten !!!!

When ever a guitarist bends those notes and throws in those soulful vibratos, BB King lives !!!!

• Members
See the interview with Gibson, CEO- Henry Juszkiewicz regarding BB King and his memories of him. It is quite a nice article.

Billboard.com -

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6568486/ceo-of-gibson-long-time-guitar-home-of-bb-king-remembers-the-legend-he-was?fb_action_ids=10203672982695991&fb_action_types=og.shares

indeed and in spirit

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/remembering-b-b-king-1925-2015/

• Members

When John Kennedy was murdered, I was in Windsor Village Elementary School, Mrs. Sawyer's Sixth grade class. Claire Hulsebosch was to my right. When Elvis Presley died, I heard it on the radio when I was rounding downtown Houston on the Pierce elevated. When John Lennon was murdered, I was watching Monday night football and got the word from Howard Cosell. When George Harrison died I was sitting in my living room reading "A Confedaracy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole, and heard it on the radio station I was listening to. When I heard that B.B King had died, I was watching the local news at 6:10 a.m. having my morning coffee. That is the sum total of public figure deaths that will be burned into my memory to date.

In the guitar forum I summed it up, he was the first blues artist I got into, and the fascination has, and will be lifelong. He was a man of complete personal and artistic integrity. His prowess as a singer was as magnificent as his command over his instrument. Even at the great age he reached, his talent never waned. His humanity permeated his art. You could see how much he loved what he did every time I saw him perform. His complete joy..At giving a voice to the everyday pains, toils, and griefs of everyman. He made his guitar sing with every note he played. His great economy...Made very note really count.

His impact on the guitar playing world is, IMHO, immeasurable. One has to take into account the untold thousands of players he influenced, and the impact that those players, disciples if you will, had on more untold thousands, that were listening to B.B.'s influence, unaware that they were!

I cannot, and have not been able to, since I was 15 years old, been able to look at any 330 series Gibson and not have him immediately pop into my head. Now I won't be able to do it without being immediately reminded that he no longer walks among us.

If there is a place where souls gather, all the Kings are there now...Freddie, Albert, and B.B...Man oh man....I just hear it.....

Thanks for it all Riley...

Archived