Got a free yorkville pulse pw

GreatGame

• Members

Bad news, no idea how to make it work.

So I am trying just trying to put a mic into the left input and then turn it on. I could only get a little bit of my voice and only when cranked right up.

I also got a elite 350 cross over.

I want to put my kick through it.

How do i make this work?

Thanks for helping:D2.

• Members

Not sure, why someone thinks that i'm a twoll. Don't even know what it is.

Anyway, still cant get very good sound, i wonder if the amps are blown. I included some pictures seems straight forward, so i wonder if its broken?.

bea1c650379471f30c2576b518ebccd0.thumb.JPG.5304cba7fa81dd7e458baa1300be291c.JPG

4b007cdd132d9cdd18b68e10d1b7f4dc.thumb.JPG.ebd7147f8a757fab0280a89e72571d5a.JPG

cb29b76fc7d770e401a0fd9644dd96ea.thumb.JPG.8abe301ab0316d6034bb3932995b398c.JPG

b236aa90aa1902e2d88544a3f6606a52.thumb.JPG.e92f5c4a67f8c6de82ea71c8d3a0c18c.JPG

b74b4c6300635a6ae70e6766300bbc57.thumb.JPG.cc4cfe42fcf01a6f5edd897dee8e520c.JPG

• Members

Ummm... interesting. There's no (or not much) info on the web about either of these pieces of gear. Yorkville is pretty good with support, but nothing there unless this has an actual model number other than PW. So the only thing I'm sure of so far is that these are the most unsupported items in music history! I can't find any info about the features or any clear pics of the input/output, including these pics that you've shared here.

What kind of 1/4" connectors are on either end of your cable? Is that a simple TS cable like a guitar cable or is it TRS for use in balanced input/output? Do both the PW Pulse and Elite crossover allow you to select balanced or unbalanced input/output with a switch or automatically? That cable is stretched pretty tight. Does the cable work? That is, does it work with other gear or can you confirm continuity with a multimeter or cable tester?

• Members
...hey i'm asking for help, not abuse. You can be a better person than that!

Not trying to be abusive. I goog Yorkville Pulse PW and all that comes back is subwoofer and little info.

With only that to go on, sticking a mic into a sub might yield audio akin to a papercup strung to a popcorn bucket full of course and buttered. Even with power, there's still the spectral discrepancy. ie midrange vs XL low frequency. I guessed troll.

• Members

Well I have the same problem others do in finding info about the thing, but I assume if you want to put a kick through it, you're going to need a preamp to amplify the mic sufficiently to drive the subwoofer (assuming it has a built-in power amp).

• Members
... i could ask you guys questions about my profession and then laugh at your answers. The reason I'm asking is because i have no clue. I have the other cables that the other person mention I am going to try that.

I for one wouldn't venture an answer on something I knew nothing about. And nobody's laughing at you. LOL is just an expression. Anyway, you need to detail as much as you can about the ins and outs on your speaker as well as the audio source. Include labels of course and jack positions and any other text that might be there. Legible closeup would do I suppose.

Ask in the Live sound and production forum and maybe in DIY. You'll get answers once people know what they're dealing with.

Also check with Yorkville directly.

• Members

Good ole googuh:

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/buy-sell-rent/118622-fs-yorkville-pulse-pw-600w-powered-subwoofer.html

Up for sale is a compact powered subwoofer with 2-10" woofers. It has a 600w Amp built in (so no external amp required). It also has a switchable line level or speaker input. It accepts a line or speaker level input with parallel inputs to allow material to pass through to mains. High powered compact cube design.

Archived