Well, Somebody Had to Say It...

Anderton

• Members

Dendy Jarrett is no longer with Harmony Central. He had the impossible task of turning HC around years of damage not of his own making (or mine, for that matter), and did an amazing job. Advertisers want to advertise, traffic is up, and after bottoming out last year HC was on the way up again. I think he deserves a round of applause for keeping this site alive after helping to bring it back from the dead, of course with the help of Phil O'Keefe, Chris Loeffler, and Ara.Ajizian.

Carry on, Dendy. I truly appreciate the superhuman effort you put into this and I hope the community does, too. Anyone else would have run away screaming.

• Moderators

Dendy or anyone, can you confirm and comment on this? What will happen to HC after stepping down from being director? Is there someone to pick up the pieces and carry on where we left off? Is there still a plan to get things running and improving the site, etc? What ever happened to bringing harmony back into harmony central?

• Members
Dendy or anyone, can you confirm and comment on this? What will happen to HC after stepping down from being director? Is there someone to pick up the pieces and carry on where we left off? Is there still a plan to get things running and improving the site, etc? What ever happened to bringing harmony back into harmony central?

perhaps he will chime in

• Members
Dendy certainly seemed like a good guy with an impossible task. I wish him well.

traffic is UP though? By which measure? This place seems deader than ever. Maybe the traffic count feature is something that still needs to be repaired...

traffic is up a little, but only 2% of visitors make it to the forums

so participation is low

and yes, the who's online counter needs fixing

• Members

Well, I`m not sure when Dendy came aboard but this site has been a struggle to visit in the last 4-5 years… hows it really been that long?! Of course I wish him the best of luck.

This site is slightly better than what it was but I`m still not sure why HC just can`t have a forum like they do at GS. I still have issues trying to edit posts… why can`t we just use the same system GS uses? Why? Why? smiley-sad

But you know… these are cool… :bounce007::angry37::wtf::angry49::angry15:bluesbro:music001:

:angry21:

• Members
Well, I`m not sure when Dendy came aboard but this site has been a struggle to visit in the last 4-5 years… hows it really been that long?! Of course I wish him the best of luck.

This site is slightly better than what it was but I`m still not sure why HC just can`t have a forum like they do at GS. I still have issues trying to edit posts… why can`t we just use the same system GS uses? Why? Why?

GS uses the same system, only another version, I think GS is still on vB4, which is stable and works and is the most widely used vB platform

HC went with vB5, an insider confessed that since its release (now more than 2 years ago) over 6000 bugs have been found and fixed in vB5 and actually, vB itself has sent out an email 10 days ago that a large site (yup, HC) runs successfully on vB5 ... however unlike HC, 98% of vB customers wisely prefer not to switch to vB5.

• Members

ODE TO DENDY

Your time it wasn't wasted

On the good ship Harm'ny C

You came, you saw, you did your best

That's good enough for me

We thank you for your time in charge

Although it was quite brief

And now there is a vacuum

God help us, Phil O'Keefe! :(

• Moderators

I met Dendy and later spoke with him a couple time all by phone. Everything Blue told me about him prior to our meeting I soon found to be true. He smoothed my transition to moderator tremendously.

He's a sharp, warm, helpful and VERY gracious man. Good luck to you, Dendy. You care a lot about all the right things. A major thank you for all your help and kindness.

• Members
I just got an email from Dendy and he told me about the recent events. Also his account is no longer active. If you want to get in touch with him you should email directly.

I just checked his profile and it says he's online now

he's also still listed as Director of HC Central

:wtf:

• Members

Dendy can still post, but he can't access any admin functions. Dendy is the kind of guy who still had NAMM material to get online, and being Dendy, whether he had a future with HC or not he had a job to finish. But he found he couldn't access the site admin to post the pictures and videos.

• Members
Dendy can still post, but he can't access any admin functions. Dendy is the kind of guy who still had NAMM material to get online, and being Dendy, whether he had a future with HC or not he had a job to finish. But he found he couldn't access the site admin to post the pictures and videos.
Dendy's welcome to post it all at my (or I'm sure any of the other) refugee center :D .

Archived