Looks like Avid's Pro Tools Cloud is subscription based, as some here had guessed....

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Looks like Pro Tools Cloud is here, with it going to a subscription model, I believe.

"All Pro Tools purchases, upgrades, and subscriptions now come with an Avid upgrade and support plan that ensures you always have the latest features at your fingertips. This means that you'll get all future software updates and upgrades (as long as your plan is active), including the upcoming Pro Tools Cloud and other features mentioned below, and 24x7 access to our Customer Care team experts to get help and advice whenever, wherever, and however you need it."

http://www.avid.com/US/products/pro-...tware#Features

~~~~~

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/01/22/699344/10116599/en/Avid-Announces-Flexible-Licensing-in-Pro-Tools-Avid-Cloud-Collaboration-and-New-Services-in-the-Avid-Marketplace.html

Flexible Licensing Options in Pro Tools 12

Pro Tools 12 delivers new flexible licensing options, allowing customers to subscribe by as little as $29.99 per month, or to buy it outright. With these new options, users can stay current with future software updates and innovations as soon as they are released via the cloud, at no additional charge. This flexible licensing now provides artists with access to the same tools used by the top industry pros, at a price point they can afford.

Avid Cloud Collaboration

Avid Cloud Collaboration, initially to be accessed by Pro Tools users with others to follow, is a groundbreaking set of collaboration capabilities that enable artists to compose, record, edit, and mix sessions working with other Pro Tools users in the cloud, as if they are all together in the same studio. They simply invite other artists to collaborate on a session using built-in chat, or find new collaborators through the new Avid Marketplace Artist Community. If the person they want to work with doesn't already have Pro Tools, they can simply download Pro Tools | First to start working together immediately.

Key benefits and features of Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools include:

• Secure and hassle-free setup: Post sessions to your own cloud storage space and invite others to collaborate
  • Fully integrated collaboration: Work on the same session at the same time or create offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools
  • Comprehensive workflows: Share audio and MIDI tracks, edits, mix changes, automation, and more
  • Simplified project and media management: Keep track of all contributors and version changes with automatic and fully customizable metadata tagging
  • Built-in communication tools: Engage with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools

Availability and Pricing

Pro Tools software subscription and licensing options will be available in February 2015.

• Pro Tools software monthly subscription (one-month license subscription with updates and support) starts at $29.99/month
  • Pro Tools software annual upgrade plan (12 months of updates and support) starts at $199
  • Pro Tools software annual subscription (12-month license subscription with updates and support) starts at $299
  • Perpetual licenses for Pro Tools software (includes 12 months of updates and support) start at $899

The new plug-ins and bundles are now available as in-app purchases within Pro Tools via the Avid Marketplace.

• Members
I watched the PT 12 demo at NAMM a few times and asked a LOT of questions and frankly... I'm blown away. The colaboration features will speed up and expand my workflow tremendously. The potential is a must have for me. I'm in.

That's good to here. Although I haven't delved into the features exactly, I do like the idea of the collaboration features.

Are there any other features that you really seem to like?

Archived