A Little Something For Ernest Buckley

Mark L

• Members

I tend to use whatever's built-in to whichever recorder I'm using, although I bought a Zoom MS-50G multi-effects stomp box recently. You can see it on the far left of the desk. So I use that along with the effects that came with Studio One

I've had amps in the past (ordered another one last Monday [blackstar HT-40] - trying for the band thing again), but I seldom used them for recording

• Members

What happens in real life...

1.jpg?shared_name=3p9yarf8p3ug9yy0rss5

(Geez. I normally upload phone snaps to my Box account and share from there. But the share links seem to bollix the image system here. The official share links don't work. So I had to paste the share link into a new [unsigned in] browser window, rt-click to get the image URL on the Box server, and paste THAT into the image link dialog here. Wotta pain induhazz.)

• Members

I kind of liked the attic studio with the rafters and stuff - mad genius in the attic, you know!smiley-happy

nat whilk ii

Ha! I had to get out of the attic. In summer it was too warm and in winter it was too cold. The spare bedroom is a much nicer place to be :)

• Members

Two screens, eh? You must be bloody loaded, mate! :thu:

Hardly...I have a college student who has to have a upgraded computer or monitor every other day it seems...A year ago I had a CRT now I have three flatscreens. Two on his old computer I sue now for music and one on my old computer which I use for everything else. He has the hot rod stuff....

• Members

Two screens, eh? You must be bloody loaded, mate! :thu:

Its funny because I have an iMac 27". I can`t imagine doing everything I do now on a smaller screen. If anything, I want another large screen. I like to keep my DAW stuff on one screen and VIs (Komplete, Reason, etc… on another screen). Maybe I`ll treat myself….

• Members
What happens in real life...

1.jpg?shared_name=3p9yarf8p3ug9yy0rss5

(Geez. I normally upload phone snaps to my Box account and share from there. But the share links seem to bollix the image system here. The official share links don't work. So I had to paste the share link into a new [unsigned in] browser window, rt-click to get the image URL on the Box server, and paste THAT into the image link dialog here. Wotta pain induhazz.)

All I can see are wires. And more wires. I hope your house is insured against fire-damage, blue :eek2::D

• Members

That ain't nothin'. You should have seen my old rig when it was basically all analog 8 track tape -- or even the interim rig where I was running two ADATs as tape decks (and later as ADC/DAC for 8 ch DAW work) and tying it together with my 7 HW synths and MIDI modules via MIDI automation and BRC (ADAT Big Remote Control).

Most of that, at least half, and the messy part, is ad hoc wiring for a pair of mics and direct-boxed guitar. Cable clusters go to my mixer and gear rack (unused in this stripped down rig -- which I'm experimenting with -- my normal input path is a Mackie VLZ input channel routed through an ART Dual Levelar. I like that a lot. But I'm trying to figure out why folks like the Meek VC3 (and have been since I bought it in the '90s). I've been trying it out with my Event NT1 (original Australian-made; too bright for the most part with the VC3, seems to me, but my usual with the Mackie/Art path) and my big ol' CAD Equitek II (better), with and without the built-in Meek compressor and enhancer circuits. Other cable clusters go to my powered Event 20/20bas and the Yamaha amp that drives my NS10s. I've got more gear in the other room. When I closed my old project studio and sold the house it was in, I sold a lot of stuff but kept what seemed at the time to be a stripped down gear set. But much of it has gone unused since... even as it lost resale value. (That's OK. We all know in 10 or 15 years it will be 'vintage.' LOL)

• Members
That ain't nothin'. You should have seen my old rig when it was basically all analog 8 track tape -- or even the interim rig where I was running two ADATs as tape decks (and later as ADC/DAC for 8 ch DAW work) and tying it together with my 7 HW synths and MIDI modules via MIDI automation and BRC (ADAT Big Remote Control).

Most of that, at least half, and the messy part, is ad hoc wiring for a pair of mics and direct-boxed guitar. Cable clusters go to my mixer and gear rack (unused in this stripped down rig -- which I'm experimenting with -- my normal input path is a Mackie VLZ input channel routed through an ART Dual Levelar. I like that a lot. But I'm trying to figure out why folks like the Meek VC3 (and have been since I bought it in the '90s). I've been trying it out with my Event NT1 (original Australian-made; too bright for the most part with the VC3, seems to me, but my usual with the Mackie/Art path) and my big ol' CAD Equitek II (better), with and without the built-in Meek compressor and enhancer circuits. Other cable clusters go to my powered Event 20/20bas and the Yamaha amp that drives my NS10s. I've got more gear in the other room. When I closed my old project studio and sold the house it was in, I sold a lot of stuff but kept what seemed at the time to be a stripped down gear set. But much of it has gone unused since... even as it lost resale value. (That's OK. We all know in 10 or 15 years it will be 'vintage.' LOL)

You lost me after 'nothin'

I kind of got the gist of your post, though

Seriously, blue, if ever we meet I'm going to have to dose up beforehand with some hallucinogens so I can understand you ;)

• Members

You lost me after 'nothin'

I kind of got the gist of your post, though

Seriously, blue, if ever we meet I'm going to have to dose up beforehand with some hallucinogens so I can understand you ;)

lol

Yeah, if we ever meet up, I`m bringing Mr. Rivers… Blue and Mr. Rivers will hang out in the corner the entire night talking about God knows...

• Members

lol

Yeah, if we ever meet up, I`m bringing Mr. Rivers… Blue and Mr. Rivers will hang out in the corner the entire night talking about God knows...

:D

Blue and Mike are good peeps. Mike's given me some sage advice over these last few years :)

Archived