I got a song in the top 10!

philboking

• Members

It's in the top 10 of 'Blues General' in soundclick.com

Not exactly Billboard, but I'll take it!

It actually peaked at #2... (not really sure when that happened, I don't check on the page very often)

It's called 'Crazy'

I guess it's time to post a couple more and see what happens - - all 4 of the ones I have on that page got into the top 100.

• Members
That's awesome! As your manager' date=' I am looking forward to getting that 12.5% we agreed upon.[/quote']

That's actually pretty modest; my agent back in the '70s took 15%.

Ok, Ken, time to tally it up: Let's see.... 12.5% of $0 equals.... $0. The check is in the mail. :)

• Members
That's a really cool song and voice, Phil! Congratulations on your success.

Looking forward to your new update.

Thanks Teddy! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've noticed lately, after listening to it quite a bit, that my singing is starting to sound like Rick Estrin from 'Little Charlie and The Nightcats'. Not so much on 'Crazy', more so on some of the others on my new album where I start 'belting it out' a bit. Not a bad thing, but I guess I need to make an effort to be more unique sounding...

BTW, the lyrics are just awesome on this linked Nightcats tune.

• Members
Well' date=' thats pretty good to hear mate and as a fellow forumite, I feel partly responsible for your success. Well, not really, but I`m very happy for you.[/quote']

Actually, I give a lot of credit to this and a few other forums for turning me on to micing, recording, mixing and mastering tips that I'd never have thought of on my own. Though nowadays I rarely run into stuff I haven't seen before, this forum and the web in general pushed my learning curve up to where it is now, and get a lot of credit for my recording education. The synergy of a lot of minds sharing what they have is pretty awesome.

So thanks for your contribution to all that, Ernest.

• Members

Actually, I give a lot of credit to this and a few other forums for turning me on to micing, recording, mixing and mastering tips that I'd never have thought of on my own. Though nowadays I rarely run into stuff I haven't seen before, this forum and the web in general pushed my learning curve up to where it is now, and get a lot of credit for my recording education. The synergy of a lot of minds sharing what they have is pretty awesome.

So thanks for your contribution to all that, Ernest.

You`re very generous. Should I PM you with my address so you can forward the royalties? :p

Archived