my wife took at least 80 high quality photos at NAMM

• Members

My wife took at least 80-40 (some duplicates) high quality photos at NAMM. They are all 5mb in size or larger. What is the best way to display all of them here without converting them all to lossy format?? PhotoBucket? Flickr? They are occupying 430 mb in a single folder on this computer.

Dan

• Members

Flickr works fine for stuff like that.

But I would convert it to a lossy format, such as JPG. You can also do PNG, as that retains much more of the image, and I believe PNG-24 is not conisdered lossy, IIRC.

RAW and TIFF formats are too large for general web viewing, although Flickr may convert it to something more "viewable" automatically anyway.

I hope this helps.

• Members

I don't use batch watermarking, so I am the wrong person to ask.

I change the opacity and positioning on each photo, depending where it looks best compositionally and where you can best read it, so unless they can invent a Photoshop action that takes all those things into consideration, I'm going to continue doing mine "by hand", as much of a pain in the rear as that is.

You probably will want to look for either Photoshop actions or software that does this for you. There are some free ones out there. Good luck with this.

Archived