Daklander, R.I.P.

• Members

Daklander unfortunately passed away this morning. He had many friends, many of whom posted on this forum previously or perhaps still continue to post. I just wanted to let you know. Many in our community of musicians, recording engineers, and general weirdos were proud to call Dak friend and played music or hung out together, both virtually and in person. I know it's a cliche to say, but the world lost a great musician and kind, gentle soul this morning. Best wishes to Dak's family and friends.

• Members

I met him a couple of times as well, and heard him sing and play acoustic guitar. Dayam, that guy was good. Such a super nice guy.

He had cancer ever since I knew him. You would never know, his signature on this forum aside. He fought it with quiet dignity and bravery, kicking cancer's ass one day at a time, as he said.

When I think of Dak, I think of these words: warm-hearted, kind, brave, dignified, tough, talented.

• Members
I believe I saw a few of his posts...Definetly remember his sig...But for so many folks here to have fond memories of him...Speaks Well..Speaks Well..

Yeah. He was truly a friend. Many of us met him, knew him, spoke on the phone with him, played music with him, hung out with him. He was really truly a great guy. This isn't one of those things where when someone passes away, we all try to think of something nice to say. Many of us expressed these things freely beforehand. He was truly a good guy, someone who drove many miles to hang out at some of the functions that were farther away. A few of us are listening to his CD to remember his music. He wrote some good songs. He helped us in looking to buy a house, as he was a part-time realtor. He stared down cancer and kicked it to the curb for many years, living far beyond what doctors predicted.

Archived