Dear Mr.Anderton:

• Members

Hello my name is Warped. You may remember me from various smart ass threads on OJ... or may not.

Either way, all smart ass comments aside, I'm pretty damn excited about the addition of your forum! I've been thinking about pulling out the ol' solder iron and ruining some perfectly good gear, so I pulled out some of your books. and started to realize how much you rock!

Please tell me how to make a resonant, multimode, filter*. Oh and please type slowly, very slowly.

Hopefully, for your sake, the heat will stop me from pulling out the electronics gear... and you'll be spared the stupid questions.

* I have "Electronic projects for musicians" and it has a band pass filter in it, but it's complex for me :(

• Members

"I'm having trouble building an abacus, so could you help me build a difference engine"

There are a number of texts of filter design

Simplified Design of Filter circuits - Lenk

Active Filter Cookbook - Lancaster

If you are just interested in a one-off, I'd suggest looking at what is avail from the various analog modular synth companies, interfacing with one of the curtis chips maybe

or simpler still purchasing a premade unit

If you are more into the DSP side, there are a few forums that could prob help you code one up

• Members

Hello my name is cochino. I'll leave the ass kissing to Warped and get right on topic.

Please tell me how to build a SSL4000 style stereo bus compressor. I'm handy with a soldering iron, but paid somebody else to do the wiring for my studio, just because I'm lazy...I mean busy. :o

Have you seen/heard the Gyraf SSL clone - it seems to be one of the 'easier' DIY projects.

Or should I just rob a bank and get an Alan Smart C2, instead? :confused:

• Members

I've got bad news for you, my friend. They recently discovered that the correct number of the beast is 616, not 666 like they once thought. So you might consider changing your screen name if you want to be taken seriously by the true satanist of the world :).

• Members

Originally posted by Dylan Walters

I've got bad news for you, my friend. They recently discovered that the correct number of the beast is 616, not 666 like they once thought. So you might consider changing your screen name if you want to be taken seriously by the true satanist of the world
:)

Bob Floyd,

Why would I want this "number of beast" attached to my name? I don't believe in any kind of gawd or have any connection to any religious goups/ gangs.

Will you still love me though?

I'm half joking about the filter stuff. If anything I'll probably have to order a kit from Paia to horse around with.

Of course I'll start off with their paper towel roll kit and move up to putting a heavy cloth in front of my speaker to make a non-rez low pass filter :(

• Members

Originally posted by Ya Hozna

You havent sucked up so much since the last time you gave me a blow job!!!
:eek:

I
warped

P.S. You still owe me 3 grand.

I just sent you a money order for $13 and $37 worth of food stamps

:(

It's seems like I haven't even put a dent in the $3,042.97 I originally owed you :(

p.s. if your into electronics, for musical instrument etc, you know what I'm talking about.

• Members

Originally posted by warped666

Hello my name is Warped. You may remember me from various smart ass threads on OJ... or may not.

Either way, all smart ass comments aside, I'm pretty damn excited about the addition of your forum! I've been thinking about pulling out the ol' solder iron and ruining some perfectly good gear, so I pulled out some of your books. and started to realize how much you rock!

Please tell me how to make a resonant, multimode, filter*. Oh and please type slowly, very slowly.

Hopefully, for your sake, the heat will stop me from pulling out the electronics gear... and you'll be spared the stupid questions.

* I have "Electronic projects for musicians" and it has a band pass filter in it, but it's complex for me

It's always best to start off building things within your own level. The comples things become easier as you go. Here is a great reasource of information and wounderful people here to help you along on your builds. They can stear you in a good direction.

www.diystompboxes.com

Craig's getting settled into new physical, as well as "vitrual" digs... he's just moved three quarters of the way across the country, and unfortunately, they're still getting all the services up and running in his new house. He should be checking back in within a day or two. :)

• Members

Hey waitaminute warped666...

First: -I- am the #1 Creepy Craig Anderton Fanboy Stalker, so you'll have to get in line behind me. I also have misc. fantasies about the data stored in Phil O' Keefe's bulbous noggin, but i'm probably late in the stalker game for him....

Second: You can't be at all serious in this thread. :p

Third: I'm probably not either.

Fourth: It appears that we're both jackasses and we'll probably get along well.

Fifth: .... i forget

Oh well...

• Members

Originally posted by Marcus Dahl

www.diystompboxes.com

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out a litle more in depth when I get home.

6. phaeton, you are my new special friend.

I really do have some book by anderton, and think he's done some great things, but i kind of don't think he's into my sense of humor. Oh well... I'll just go and send him flowers.

I'll sign both of our names.

• Members

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out a litle more in depth when I get home.

6. phaeton, you are my new special friend.

I really do have some book by anderton, and think he's done some great things, but i kind of don't think he's into my sense of humor. Oh well... I'll just go and send him flowers.

I'll sign both of our names.

No problem! :D I blame Anderton for me really getting into building effects pedals. He writes a good read. Any way alot of the boutique builder hangout in the effects forum here on HC, and some do go to Arons site. There is a lot of knowledge over there with both DIYers and builders. I know Zvex and Brian from Subdeacay hangout there at times.

• Members

Originally posted by Marcus Dahl

No problem!
:D
I blame Anderton for me really getting into building effects pedals. He writes a good read. Any way alot of the boutique builder hangout in the effects forum here on HC, and some do go to Arons site. There is a lot of knowledge over there with both DIYers and builders. I know Zvex and Brian from Subdeacay hangout there at times.

I think I just need to order a few paia kits that go the with the Electronic projects for musicians book, and actually build them.

I tend to be a little impatient and want instant results.. not a good thing. :(

• Members

I think I just need to order a few paia kits that go the with the Electronic projects for musicians book, and actually build them.

I tend to be a little impatient and want instant results.. not a good thing.

It really is better to start off with easier projects and work your way up. There is a site you can order pedal projects from.

www.buildyourownclone.com and other sites where you can order boards from and find projects to do www.generalguitargadgets.com and www.tonepad.com They also offer layouts build instructions and parts lists.

Patients and good soldering skills really helps when doing any of this.

• Members

* I have "Electronic projects for musicians" and it has a band pass filter in it, but it's complex for me

/* svfilter.orc */

; Orchestra file for resonant filter sweep of a sawtooth-like waveform.

; The seperate outputs of the filter are scaled by values from the score,

; and are mixed together.

sr = 44100

kr = 2205

ksmps = 20

nchnls = 1

instr 1

idur = p3

ifreq = p4

iamp = p5

ilowamp = p6 ; determines amount of lowpass output in signal

ihighamp = p7 ; determines amount of highpass output in signal

ibandamp = p8 ; determines amount of bandpass output in signal

iq = p9 ; value of q

iharms = (sr*.4) / ifreq

asig gbuzz 1, ifreq, iharms, 1, .9, 1 ; Sawtooth-like waveform

kfreq linseg 1, idur * 0.5, 4000, idur * 0.5, 1 ; Envelope to control filter cutoff

alow, ahigh, aband svfilter asig, kfreq, iq

aout1 = alow * ilowamp

aout2 = ahigh * ihighamp

aout3 = aband * ibandamp

asum = aout1 + aout2 + aout3

kenv linseg 0, .1, iamp, idur -.2, iamp, .1, 0 ; Simple amplitude envelope

out asum * kenv

endin

/* svfilter.orc */

/* svfilter.sco */

f1 0 8192 9 1 1 .25

i1 0 5 100 1000 1 0 0 5 ; lowpass sweep

i1 5 5 200 1000 1 0 0 30 ; lowpass sweep, octave higher, higher q

i1 10 5 100 1000 0 1 0 5 ; highpass sweep

i1 15 5 200 1000 0 1 0 30 ; highpass sweep, octave higher, higher q

i1 20 5 100 1000 0 0 1 5 ; bandpass sweep

i1 25 5 200 1000 0 0 1 30 ; bandpass sweep, octave higher, higher q

i1 30 5 200 2000 .4 .6 0 ; notch sweep - notch formed by combining highpass and lowpass outputs

e

/* svfilter.sco */

Credits

Author: Sean Costello

Seattle, Washington

Found that one.You're on your own for realtime.

• Members

I really do have some book by anderton, and think he's done some great things, but i kind of don't think he's into my sense of humor.

Heh heh...sense of humor...:) I'm fulla surprises!

Yup, I was offline for a while but now I'm connected at 24kbaud...should have broadband next week, this slow stuff stinks.

For the multimode resonant filter, project #17 in EPFM is very very popular. There are a lot of DJs in europe who use 'em, built by a guy for them. You can't really get much simpler than the EPFM design, sorry. But it's not that hard.

This is a pretty friendly and fun place :) I'm digging it!

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

For the multimode resonant filter, project #17 in EPFM is very very popular. There are a lot of DJs in europe who use 'em, built by a guy for them. You can't really get much simpler than the EPFM design, sorry. But it's not that hard.

This is a pretty friendly and fun place
I'm digging it!

#17?

Perhaps I will have to flip through my book...

Can I order the kit from Paia, or willI have to hunt the parts down?

If I fail, will you just make it for me?

kidding.

Archived