British Favorite! Whats the weather like?

Shars

• Members

We Brits love talking about the weather and why stall a long loved tradition now we're all here in our new home at HC.

Whats the weather like where you are?

Its raining at the moment and cold and its summer and no chance of sun till next week but what do we expect, it always rains in the UK! :(

• Members

ExTREEEEEMELY pleasant here in Kansas City. It had been unbearably hot. We were in the middle of a drought...everything was dying, brown crunchy grass and all. Cold front went through yesterday, rained all afternoon...and it's in the upper 60s this morning and clear as a bell. Ahhhh!!! Almost feels like fall! YESSSS!!!

• Members

It pissing cats and dogs right now.

Today we are ment to have temps of 26c with rain all day but my garden needs the water.

Ted, can you giveus a forecast for next week as the kids are away for a week in Cumbria at my sisters and we're of to Cornwall for a little surf action or is there no chance of any sun and heat?

Boosh, I hear its been pretty hot over there on the main land so count ourselves lucky we havn't got the 37c like in Italy at the moment!

• Members

Ah...De Wedder....that great Irish standby.

"God isn't de wedder terrible"

"Ah sure maybe it'll clear up"

"And how's herself"

"Ah well she'd be grand if it wasn't for de wedder"

"How's dat?"

"She was on the bus to Dublin for her tablets and they all got washed over a cliff by a flood"

"Ah sure it could be worse......"

As Mrs. Doyle says, "Maybe we like the misery."

• Members

On closer inspection, there's a nice fat yucky upper low to the east of you all. It's moving off into northeastern europe, with a bit of a ridge behind it, which would be nice, but, there'll probably be enough moisture on the backside of the low to keep some broken clouds in there for a day or two. Between 30 and 40 hrs out or so, you might have the best bet...but then after that the remnants of what was tropical storm Franklin will move in and things will go down the tube again.

Check your local forecast from my friends in Exeter as well. :D

• Members

Always a perfect 68-72* --year 'round. Carmel by the Sea , CA }}} 300+ days of sun, a year ..no airconditioning. But if you so desire it hotter, only 15 miles away the temps are 95-100. The beauty of residing @ the Pacific's edge......

Archived