So you Wanna be a PodCasting Star?

• Members

It might be too late. So writes Greg Lindsay at Business2.com. One excerpt:

Podcasting is soooo over. That's the Washington Post's verdict, anyway, after noting how bits by the Queer Eye Fab Five, Al Franken, and Ted Koppel have already kicked podcasting's pioneers off the iTunes homepage (with the exception of feather-haired founding father Adam Curry). Things will only get worse once corporate radio arrives -- Clear Channel has made it clear that it considers podcasting merely radio by other means.

Full Article

The Washington Post article mentioned above, can be found

here.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

I hope ClearChannel dies a slow horrible death. Not in this life, of course, they won't.

I wouldn't be so sure Tedster. Traditional, terrestrial radio is in trouble- big trouble. Even if they adopt podcasting, if it's programmed the way their AM or FM stations are, why would anybody listen to it on a portable mp3 player?

Actually (and this in entirely guesswork on my part) I think you will see the big, national radio conglomerates glom on to satellite radio, or some other national broadcasting medium, while the local broadcast stations will revert to more of a community- centric ownership and programmed like they used to be.

• Members

Originally posted by The Soundman

I wouldn't be so sure Tedster. Traditional, terrestrial radio is in trouble- big trouble. Even if they adopt podcasting, if it's programmed the way their AM or FM stations are, why would anybody listen to it on a portable mp3 player?

Actually (and this in entirely guesswork on my part) I think you will see the big, national radio conglomerates glom on to satellite radio, or some other national broadcasting medium, while the local broadcast stations will revert to more of a community- centric ownership and programmed like they used to be.

I hope corporate Advertising (Radio) DIES DIES DIES!!!!! I hope Clearchannel DIES DIES DIES!!!!!! I'm so sick of our Watered down life in the USA today..I want purity!!! I want Truth! I want the Real {censored}ing Deal man!!! The corporate execs are the 2nd group I take out only after the Elite!!!

• Members

Just like the rest of the music biz; it's all about distribution.

If coporate entities are allowed to dominate portals like the iTunes site they will control the distribution system, just like they do in all other conventional channels.

If nobody knows about your podcast nobody is going to download it; Just like with your music.

Does kazza have a forum for podcasts?

• Members

Originally posted by sventvkg

I hope corporate Advertising (Radio) DIES DIES DIES!!!!! I hope Clearchannel DIES DIES DIES!!!!!! I'm so sick of our Watered down life in the USA today..I want purity!!! I want Truth! I want the Real {censored}ing Deal man!!! The corporate execs are the 2nd group I take out only after the Elite!!!

Hmm...I like you. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Tedster

I hope ClearChannel dies a slow horrible death.

Along with Apple,Intel,Microsoft and Sony and probably more I can't think of at the moment.I know at least my life would be happier at least without those 5 for starters.Think of the implications.

Archived