What a coincidence...

• Members

Mr. A...

I have been a fan for many years...I remember reading your DIY effects projects in GP first...being dumbfounded by the tech side of things, but imagining how they all mangled the sounds that were put in...it gave great visuals and led me in my own avenues of discovering sound...next I remember your articles in the GP Synth Guitar issue in the early to mid 80's...where I learned building blocks to synthesis...I still have the issue and use it as a guide when I am stuck...in fact, I didn't even appreciate the synth stuff for years while I listened to Y&T and Night Ranger and Tesla...it took many years of evolving, and holding on to back issues for years (which my wife still doesn't understand, but how could she?)...I have followed you into Keyboard magazine which is now my second favourite mag next to the U.K. version of Future Music...I still hold the guitar dear, but have developed sequencer skills on my Korg Triton...wish I could play more keys live, but I guess my programming skills will have to do...I do own a GR-33 now and love combining the guitar with synth sounds...I am currently figuring out MIDI and have a copy of your book on the way from Amazon.com to help me decipher it, although all the people here on HC Keys say that MIDI is simple...I have specific problems I want to address and if I can't find answers in your book, I'll be asking you here live and in realtime...anyways, I appreciate your sample CDs and your reviews in Keyboard magazine and I have grown up wishing I could ask you questions about all kinds of music technology...and now thanks to this forum I can...will wonders never cease...thank you for all the info over the years and trust that as I wind down the road of "future music" you are one of my most trusted mentors even though I have never spoken to you personally...you have never steered me wrong and I thank you for the wealth of knowledge you have provided in all the publications I have subscribed to or bought over the years...thank you, sincerely...

Archived