I see Walters followed Craig

• Members

Just in case he didn't make it over, I prepared some Waltersian questions in case y'all felt nostalgic.

"I have heard that a phaser makes a funny sound. I have been told I'm going through a phase, does that mean I'm making a funny sound?"

"How can a filter make me sound like the Beatles? I used to use a filter but it was confusing, there was no 'Beatles' setting."

"Why are vacuum tubes called vacuum tubes, when vacuum cleaners also have tubes but they suck up dirt? When people say tubes add 'dirt' to the sound, are they referring to vaccum tubes or vacuum cleaners?"

Feel free to contribute your own favorite Walters questions!

• Members

"I hear that mastering engineers make every song equal in volume. Is that what they use equalizers for? Also, is a 4 band equalizer all used up after you've recorded four bands?"

"Why do engineers talk about listening through monitors? My computer's monitor doesn't make any sound, and the monitors I've heard that come with speakers sound bad. Why don't people just buy a pair of speakers?"

"My keyboard didn't come with a key. How do I unlock it? Also, what key do keyboards play in?"

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I'm trying to find this effect pedal for my guitar. It has a really nice distorted sound that's really clean. It's sort of like the texture of the air in the early morning just before the sun comes up, and then when the sun finally comes up over the horizon the taste of the air toadilly changes and even though the bugs come out and the birds start squaking it all mixes together and harmonizes with the beams of light and gets filtered through the blades of grass. Also, my pedal board runs off of batteries so that's a consideration. Hopefully this pedal comes in green because that's my favourite colour and i know people say that the paint doesn't matter but i really think it does, kind of how the colours on an album cover always become the background colour in your head when you visualise the music in your mind's eye with the drums splashing like sparks and the bass looking like big blocks of ice stacked up on the ground and the guitars go flying by like glowing zippers, right?

Can anyone tell me what moody blues song that is? The one with the piccolo.

• Members

GREAT STUFF!!! How'd I miss Walters? Guess I never hung on the same forums.

Very entertaining in a very bizarre way... :D

Funny thing about him, he never seems to react to people poking fun at him...he just carries on.

• Members
  • Members

Originally posted by Tedster

Funny thing about him, he never seems to react to people poking fun at him...he just carries on.

That's because they're the ones who don't get the joke. He's poking fun at them. They're his dupes.

-Peace, Love, and Brittanylips

• Members

Walters is everywhere.

Gearslutz, MP, here, maybe even FutureProducers. And, of course, at the old MP3.com under several guises.

And, actually, I think the people behind Walters have another identity here. That identity either belongs to someone with some very radical mood and linguistic shifts -- or to someone who lets one of his or her friends --or perhaps significantly troubled other -- use his account. And I'm pretty sure that account holder knows I know who he is. ~Donchya know?

• Members

Originally posted by Geoff Grace

"The water in my spring reverb freezes in the winter. Then, I have to wait until spring to use it again."

Best,

Geoff

Add about 50% vodka and you're good to go.. ALL WINTER! And what a sound!! :D

Paul

Archived