A way to keep important sites in front of you

LiveMusic

• Members

Anyone figured out any things that help you keep sites that you come across that you find useful? My gosh, there are so many! I keep several tabs open in Firefox for the most visited sites.

My regularly visited sites list has grown quite a bit and keeps growing! I tend to forget about good sites if I don't go there regularly.

Of course, you could make a folder in Bookmarks for your most important sites. Maybe that's the way to do it. Create desktop shortcuts? That would open up a new browser window, so, that's not as efficient.

If you have your own website, you could make a page for these links and have one tab for this page on your site. That way, you could have dozens on one viewable window.

Or maybe you could do same thing on www.mybookmarks.com.

• Members

iirc you can bookmark a series of tabs and use them as your start page in FF...

So when you open it up, it opens up all 5 or whatever pages in tabs.

Otherwise, like you said, set up a folder in your bookmarks with the sites you want, and select "open in tabs" from the heading of that folder.

Or learn to type :D

• Members

Originally posted by zeronyne

What's wrong with just using bookmarks?

Thats what I was going to say...

I just book mark all the sites I like and add them to the tool bar if I like them that much and open in new tabs if need be...

:confused:

• Members

If you have your own website, you could make a page for these links and have one tab for this page on your site. That way, you could have dozens on one viewable window.

Actually, you don't really have to have a website on the web, persay. Just an HTML page, saved on your harddrive somewhere with links, pretty pictures, etc. all over it. Set it as your start page and there ya go...

I toadilly forgot that I used to do that 100 years ago... like 1998 or so when they yanked my geocities account :eek:

• Members

Nothing, as long as it's efficient. I was just saying that it is becoming a bit burdensome due to the number of 'important' sites.

That tip about saving a series of tabs in Firefox is interesting. Although, not exactly a solution because I am talking about quite a few links.

That other tip about the page on your hard drive, that could be one of your tabs, that could work really well.

• Members

I've got like thousands of them. It gets kinda old just trying to manage them, let alone find one. That's my experience...ymmv.

I've thought about the html idea, too. Sounds like a good job for the Mozilla folks. It could be like an additonal tab that opens up along with your homepage(s) [tabs rule!!!].

They could call it the enhanced bookmark tab. And any bookmarks you add to the special tab will be displayed in html, and the formatting for the layout could be like a skin affair.

This really doesn't sound like it would be that hard to impliment.

Did that make sense, in terms of being able to visualize the concept?

Archived