The Search Function Disabled by Administrator Error

Ani

• Members

I just tried to access the search feature and received an error message...

The search function has been disabled by the Administrator.

What's up with that???

Some of us use the search features routinely to seek information on subjects that may have already been answered prior to asking questions; hopefully this is just a temporary situation or a glitch.

• Members

That's not an error message. It's a notification that a feature has been turned off.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

The search function has temporarily been disabled because it was slowing down the forums too much.
:(

Once the upgrade happens, we'll get it back.

Thanks Lee!

• Members

Originally posted by phaeton

That's not an
error
message. It's a notification that a feature has been turned off.

Well, OKAY then.....

I just tried to access the search feature and received a notification...

PICKY, PICKY!!!

Lee knew what I was talking about and provided a courteous and informative answer.

I've had my nose stuck in research all day and just noticed that I couldn't access the search feature when I made an attempt to check something out.

Pardon the error in calling it an error... :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Ani

Well, OKAY then.....

I just tried to access the search feature and received a notification...

PICKY, PICKY!!!

Lee knew what I was talking about and provided a courteous and informative answer.

I've had my nose stuck in research all day and just noticed that I couldn't access the search feature when I made an attempt to check something out.

Pardon the error in calling it an error...
:rolleyes:

Yeah, phaeton. How DARE you clarify the fact that it isn't an error, but just a temporary admin notification? You're one picky mofo. :mad:

• Members

Neil,

You might try checking the "email notification" box when you post, so you'll get an email when somebody replies to a thread you've participated in.

I know it's a pain but hopefully the search function will be back very soon.

No can do. Because HC won't allow the use of freemail accounts, the only account I could sign up with is an AOL account I never use, but my wife does. The only result of "email notification" would be her email inbox being inundated with useless information. ;)

But thanks for the attempt at a solution, Lee

Now, if they'd allow Gmail accounts that would be cool. (Though I guess I'd have to re-register with another name. :( ) I've downloaded an extension that puts Gmail notification right in Firefox.

• Members

The search function has temporarily been disabled because it was slowing down the forums too much.
:(

Once the upgrade happens, we'll get it back.

I'd noticed the forums had slowed to a veritable crawl and that they were suddenly speedy again.

• Members

Actually Neil, you should be able to go into your user profile now that you're signed up, and change your email address to a freemail account. It's only for initial signups that they aren't allowed.

Hope that helps...

I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks again, Lee. ;)

• Members

I'm not a producer... I guess i could go into a big ole explanation of why i said what i said and how it is a valid thing and shouldn't be taken in such and such way...... but... well... I seriously doubt anyone gives a {censored}... so...

I guess i'm just a jackass... sorry... :(

• Members

You could always set up a rule on your wife's account to auto-forward anything that comes from here to your gmail account then delete it. Also, you can subscribe to threads and see them summarised in your control panel in here. Some nice new features that kinda make up for the lack of a search function :)

Archived