Ray Kurzweil On Charlie Rose Right Now!!!!!

Jotown

• Members
Originally posted by Super 8

What sort of techno-hyper-longevity concept is Ray pimping now?

He is definitely promoting his new book; but please don't call him a pimp. He is without a doubt one of the most brilliant minds to come along in a long time. When Ray speaks it is a good idea to listen to what he is saying.:cool:

• Members

I'm very aware of who Ray is and how brilliant he is. His software helped me greatly during my college days.

I admire him, but I do think he goes a little off the deep end sometimes.

And you are right, he's not a pimp.

• Members

Cool. The thing about Ray Kurzweil is that he always goes off the deep end; which is why he is so frickin' brilliant. He goes all the way into whatever he is interested in. He creates amazing things,,,, learns a ton of stuff,,,,,, sells the company when he gets bored,,,,,,, makes a ton of dough,,,,,,, and then goes off the deep end again into whichever direction he chooses.

If you are over 40 and would like to be around to see your great grandchildren you should pick up his latest book. It will blow your mind and get your attention; just like all of his books do.

• Members

I had the pleasure a few months ago to attend a dinner honoring

Burt Rutan, who among his many achievements was the Voyager mission, and the first civilian man in space, etc. I was truly astounded by every observation he made about todays space effort, and his critical observations. Some, who may think his forward thinking to be outrageous., I found to be refreshing.

What I gathered from that night is true genius is never conventional thinking, and to truly excel you must think outside the box. Ray Kurzweil is certainly from this vein, and I would highly weigh any of his observations. He is a true innovator and a modern day genius. He is from a very small group of true visionaries in this world.

• Members

What Moreguitar said:

The book is called "Fantastic Voyage" and the other book is called "The Singularity Is Near : When Humans Transcend Biology" the gist of his message right now is that if you are healthy and can stay that way another 15 years the breakthroughs in medicine and biology will be able to increase your lifespan dramatically. If you can stick around another 15 years after that and remain healthy you could live forever.

The first book is about stuff you can do right now (diet etc...) and the

Archived