Quick question for SSS vets....

• Members

Post relevancy is directly related to the news of the day, at the SSS.

After 9/11 there were few on topic posts. The news of the day was simply overwhelming and had to be discussed. It took a while before on topic posts filled a good portion of the thread index again.

It's been pretty good over at HC. With a few exceptions, the topics and OT's have been relevant.

• Members

Originally posted by Crustycabs

Not trying to stir the pot here (for once), but I was wondering....

Since moving to HC, has the ratio of relevant threads to off-topic stuff shifted any, or has it always been so?

You folks seem pretty cool to me, and I'm glad you came over.

:D

The OT stuff goes and it flows. There have always been a fair number of OT threads, as the SSS forum was the Open Mic forum of MusicPlayer Network. However, music related threads can generate some serious discussions. Here's a paraphrased version of Craig's motto, "If the off-topic threads become overwhelming, post more on-topic threads to pull things back on track."

The SSS has always been laid back and Craig is pretty relaxed as to what flows.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

That one's tame compared to some of his others!
:D
Craig's shirts loom large in his legend.

Shirt...

...Loom!?

bigrock.gif

Lee. Go sit quietly in the corner and consider what you've done. :p

• Members

There's not a whole lot of difference between SSS 3.0 and SSS 4.0, except there are more people and more traffic. But the vibe is pretty much the same, and always subject to change without notice...

The main thing I want to do is make sure that people feel comfortable being here. We've helped people search out alternative cancer therapies, probably prevented a suicide, but also had a whole lot of laughs and silliness. People have connected through SSS, made friends, changed their lives...it's a phenomenon that pretty much reflects real life and all its complexities and fun.

At any moment you can be laughing your head off, and the next post down getting all misty-eyed. And of course, there's all the gear and music stuff that provides a constant.

I love this place and thanks y'all for participating. I promise to keep the shirts under control...heh heh heh...

• Members

So far I've come across threads about what one calls one's genitalia. Threads about beer. Threads about men looking almost as good as me. Threads about threads. Long may it continue. Threads, after all, are what stops stuff falling apart.

Archived