Can someone tell me what these things are?

boosh

• Members

Originally posted by FMUK

I still have to use those in my dam car!

Kinda didnt get round to putting a CD player in yet

:o

Does this mean that your car is older than you?? Damn that thing must be worth quite some money then ;)

• Members

What's funny is that I can still tell you what is recorded on some of those tapes.

Mix tapes

Old band tapes with songs to learn

recordings I made when I was 7 of me being a radio DJ.

They're all there! I think I saw every tape I've ever owned.

• Members

Originally posted by FMUK

I still have to use those in my dam car!

Kinda didnt get round to putting a CD player in yet

:o

I have to use one that has a wire on it... that I plug into my SanDisk mp3 player... At first I thought it was a bit clunky... I got it with a diskplayer and that was always a pain (but still handy on long drives)... but the SanDisk is so tiny, the cord acts as a kind of lifeline... Really, it's kind of like a little wired remote. (And I can always use the velcro loop I normally use to hold the earphones or hook it on my belt loop to hook it on my drink carrier.)

CD's are over. And I never even had to chunk a couple hun on a player. (Then again, this ounce or so of plastic [less AAA battery] set me back 1.5 hun, so, you know... what goes around... ends up in someone else' pocket.)

• Members

Whenever you're in a big city and here and there are bewildered looking people picking up bits of paper in the street - they're the ones who still have 8-track cartridge machines in their cars. Strangely you can still find cartridges at car boot sales among the old saucepans and scorched oven gloves. They usually are Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass; John Denver "Take Me To Tomorrow"; James Last Orchestra; Glen Campbell's greatest hits. I'm buying an iPod tomorrow.

• Members

That's an amazing collection of cassettes! I wonder how they got them all lined-up so nicely! :) Seriously, that brought back some great memories...

About the only missing ones I can think of are Radio Shack cassettes. Didn't see any of those on there...

• Moderators

Originally posted by 60hurts

Okay, since you two are lovin' it up, I'll answer the question.

These are digital storage media for Commodore computers!

That's true! :D

I'm posting on HC from my beloved Commodore Pet 2001 computer right now (See attached, note the tape drive at lower left). Takes forever to store those darn 100kB attached pics on my tape drive. :mad:

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by Super 8

What's funny is that I can still tell you what is recorded on some of those tapes.

Mix tapes

Old band tapes with songs to learn

recordings I made when I was 7 of me being a radio DJ.

EXACTLY!!!

I'm moving next week, and after another year of not using/listening to the 30 or so tapes of 4-track recordings, started walking them toward the dumpster, but ended up placing them lovingly in a hearty cardboard box instead. I'll pull off the best tunes and yet-to-reach-fruition-songs and x-fer them to digital this year when I have time. Promise...

• Moderators

From what I observe (and clean up) in my neighborhood, they're some sort of little party favor you use in your automobile.

Apparently, you hold on to part of the little brown ribbon and then throw the big part out your window while moving at a high rate of speed. They make an incredibly long streamer, though I think a few brighter colors might add to the effect.

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by rog951

That's an amazing collection of cassettes! I wonder how they got them all lined-up so nicely!
:)
Seriously, that brought back some great memories...

About the only missing ones I can think of are Radio Shack cassettes. Didn't see any of those on there...

EXACTLY how i felt. Strangly entertaining looking at those tapes. I spent so much time using them as a kid.

Sometimes i had one tape of one brand and i saw it in there i can remember it was for example.."the who live at leeds" etc etc.

Great post.:)

Archived