Rap for Kids?

boosh

• Members

I mean like real hiphop/rap but for little kids age 2 to 8.

Does it exsist?

With lyrics like "Brush yo teeth ,you little mammal or your face will look like a one humped Camel"

We have a great band here which only plays childeren stuff and they have a lot of succes. I'm going to a gig next month with 2 yo Skip.

• Members

Don't go corrupting the little mites with shallow nihilism at such a tender age. They won't be innocent for long and they'll have all their life to learn about drugs, cheap jewellery, clothes that don't fit, wife beating and chillin' wid ma bitch, yo? Let them enjoy their childhood 'n' {censored}.

:p

• Members

Originally posted by boosh

I meant real dope beats and music but with lyrics suitable for little kids,...

Kinda like Sesamestreet meets Fifty Cent.

Well...there was Kriss Kross back in the 90s...but that' considered "Old School" now.

• Moderators

I know KrissKross,...... with Jump Jump,..and their pants backwards,..but it's not what I mean

I know what you mean and I think it's a good idea. The whole production flow of this kind of music lends itself to someone with "da skilz" to do a good job of it.

Yo! Lights Out!

Let's Sing About Our Bling

My Crib

The Nicest Mom in Da Hood

Ice Cream Truck Drive By

• Members

Yea muddafudda muddafudda muddafudda school

I hate goin' 'cause it just ain't cool

They try to make me learn but I just don't care

'Cause I smuggle in crack in my te-ddy-bear

I wish I was older so I could hang with de boyz

When dey chillin' wid de bitches and makin' lotsa noiz

With their ghetto blasters TURNED UP FULL

To make the sound rattle through their empty skulls

And when I older I get to pack a gun

'Cause a water pistol just ain't fun

It keeps them all amused down the likko sto

When I pull de trigga dey all laugh like hos

Yo it ain't no fun when you're only five

Yo daddy don' care if you're even alive

I hope y'all don't mind if I stop my grouse

But it's time for Da Bear In Da Big Blue House.

:wave:

• Members

I think it is a wonderful idea, as rap has been incorporated into many things, even as an educational tool to help kids focus on their studies.

Blackpig, obviously you refuse to see that the idea is for kids rap, about kids, for kids, things that kids love and do. Not kids trying to make their world adult or rap about their world in adult language. I also think you are being very sterotypical here and it shows that you are not willing to allow something good to come about from the genre you are mocking.:o

• Members

I'll shield my son from most RAP (i.e. the worlds most uninspired, disposable music) as long as possible. He's only 5 , so maybe by the time he's older, it will have faded into the disco fad that it is.

I may sound cynical, but really, does anyone put on any 10 or even 5 year old RAP albums and listen to them? Do they ever get anything new out of listening to it again? Doubtful.

• Members

I meant real dope beats and music but with lyrics suitable for little kids,...

Kinda like Sesamestreet meets Fifty Cent.

boosh: kid-friendly, catchy-rap: "Parents Just Don't Understand."

I happened to stop by Rush Management (which managed Will Smith at the time - aka Jazzy jeff and the Fresh Prince) just as this came out. They had just gotten a box of promos records and it was being passed around. I thought, boy this looks stupid. But it turned out to be great and nothing like any rap you ever heard. It's appropriate for kids, and not dumbed-down in any way. It's catchy, and the video is great. It put Will Smith on the map.

-PL&B

• Members

zekmoe: That's got to be the most ignorant statement I've heard all week! But you're entitled, and I hold no grudge. :wave:

B-lips: Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's looking for a more up-to-date rap thing. Hip-Hop's come a long way since the stylings of the Fresh Prince (but I still love it!)

Boooshy: If you were closer, I'd be all about making some kid-friendly rap with ya'! I think the market would be great.

• Members

Originally posted by revrufus

Blackpig, obviously you refuse to see that the idea is for kids rap, about kids, for kids, things that kids love and do. Not kids trying to make their world adult or rap about their world in adult language. I also think you are being very sterotypical here and it shows that you are not willing to allow something good to come about from the genre you are mocking.
:o

I found it amusing and I'm a big rap fan. I think it was just meant for humor value.

• Members

Originally posted by zekmoe

I'll shield my son from most RAP (i.e. the worlds most uninspired, disposable music) as long as possible. He's only 5 , so maybe by the time he's older, it will have faded into the disco fad that it is.

I may sound cynical, but really, does anyone put on any 10 or even 5 year old RAP albums and listen to them? Do they ever get anything new out of listening to it again? Doubtful.

Disco has some great songs. And yeah, I listen to a whole slew of 10 year old rap albums. And yeah, I do get new things out of it. Just like Disco. Some of the most grooving {censored} is disco. You want killer productions? Lush arrangements? Great songwriting? EW&F is pretty freakin' disco and it totally rocks.

I play my children all types of music. Jazz, classical, classic rock, funk, swing, pop, disco, rap, grindcore, thrash, hair metal, doom, surf, more disco, more smokin' jazz, country, oldies, you name it...

• Members

I'll be the first to admit that as songwriting goes my little raps leave something to be desired. But then doesn't it all? I'd rather entertain kids with something of lasting value. I'm going now because I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into another anti-rap er, rap.

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by zekmoe

Someone once said that rap has a shelf life somewhere between milk and yogurt.

New rap sells fast, partly by virtue of being new, and then boom, it dissappears, partly by virtue of not being new. Newness is part of the game.

Nonetheless, like all music, there's lots of bad rap that deserves to slink away and never return. But like all music, there's also a few gems that stand the test of time.

-PL&B

• Members

oh. the first tune (Cowbell Fever) is off of the album the second two are demo versions that have been redone to perfection.

the whole record has about 12 tunes and is still in the process of being finished. Some other titles are Charlie Brown, Ranch Rangers, Star Wars, Porcelain God, Flute Attack, Punk Mexicali and a cover of Low Rider. The only two that may be somewhat questionable is Big assed parade and porcelain god, but they are funny nonetheless.

Its called Reel Kill under my alias Gunk

• Members

Originally posted by monstermaker

I'm not sure I'd encourage a toddler to listen to rap on the chance it might lead to an interest in the more profane, violent, racist and disrespectful of women type stuff thats being produced.

The same could be said for any mainstream genre. I'd be much more concerned about my children watching television than listening to hip hop.

Archived