Consumer comment West L. A. Music Rules

Robman2

• Members

I'm hitting the phones, looking for a simple USB to S/PDIF or TOS gadget to demo our new digital monitors next week in Nashville.

I though, sure why not use the lap top instead of hauling the Burn It in the plane and rental car.

First call, a large national chain, family owned, great customer...for me but, on hold and finally follow up was, well we can sell you a"something I don't need" for around (decent street) price.

NOo their fault but'...we are out of that kind of thing".

Next call, larger national chain, publically held, when I explained what I was looking to spend...around 80 bucks, I hit the we can sell you something else for around $200...I called again to see if they had any listed in the system, (I'd drive if need be) it's L. A. after all....in any other store?...eternal hold.

I called West L. A. Music, where I hold the record for single gear versus credit card(s) ratio...thank God those days are gone forever.

The first call, elicited a not sure but I'll check for you.

I just got an e-mail, apparently there is one after all, pristine and unopened, which the sales person (Tony Adams, he and Derek Snyder rule)...ferreted out, all of this simply to make it happen.

I has also called a retail place in Santa Monica and no one ever even picked up, after the gal answered, eternal advert for the two store Sony based chain...

Nope as always, good old West L. A. Music, these guys get my referrals when someone wants a very inexpensive Hosa widget...no matter how small the sale, they take care of it.

Not so elsewhere... at least not today...

Hats off to Don Griffin, Rick Wait, George ADjeff and their respective crew.

Thanks for saving my meager bacon...

Rob Manning

NSM

Hosa & Zaolla

• Members

They're the anti-Guitard Center!

I usually go to the Universal City location, since it's closer to me and it's always a pain in the ass to get to the Westside.

Normally WLAM UC gives me pretty good deals, very little complaints with them.

Archived