Rediscovering my love of.....

2manband

• Members

1. Heavy distortion - I can't bring myself to use crazy over the top distortion on anything too serious, but every time I plug in, I need to rip for 5 minutes with the gain on 11 just to get my head straight.

2. Jolly Ranchers - can't....stop....eating....candy.....

3. Malt Liquor - it tastes lously, and I can afford to drink whatever I want, but for some reason OE has been hitting the spot lately.

4. sneakers - for a while there I was wearing casual shoes, but screw that.

I don't know what it is - it seems like things that are beyond my control force me to be more mature, responsible, sensible, serious, etc....and I'm stepping up to the plate - everything's going well w/ the career, the girlfriend, etc. But I think I'm unconsciously revolting against it where I can by doing stuff like this; trying in vain to cling on to that last shimmering glimpse of youth. I didn't even realize until now that I was doing it.

Anybody else?

• Members

Last night I went to a blues jam again, there's something to be said for walking in with a single keyboard, and an amp, and being able to play, and solo, on any song someone starts playing, without having to be too worried about it. Simplicity can be good.

But I've got tix to see Dream Theater in two weeks, so I'm sure I'll get over it. :D

Archived