HELP! cubase question!!!

bluesway

• Members

i have been dueling jobs between a cubase sx studio on a PC and a ProTools HD2 studio on, of course, mac. i love the feature on the protools where you can "cancel" a recording track by hitting <.> so it doesn't record to the hard disk if you mess up in the recording. in cubase sx (1), i can't seem to find anything that can do that for me, so i'm always recording these bum tracks that i just want to throw out. i know i can go to the pool and throw out the trash, but is there a 'while recording' option for this? anyone?

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Can't you just hit stop and "undo"?

right? it should work, but it still saves the file to the hard disk. then, i have to go to the pool and throw out the trash. i'm looking for a "cancel" thing that will bypass that step altogether.

• Members

Delete and backspace does the same as control-z Craig.

It takes away the recorded part from your screen but the audiofile is still in the audio-pool.

I've tried dozens of things but the only solutions is emptying the trashcan in the pool.

But watch out because Nuendo asks if you want the file only to be removed from the pool,..or if you want to delete it from disk too.

Choose disk too otherwise it's out of the pool but still on your harddrive.

Archived