Booshy Buys Behringer

boosh

• Members

Okay,..... I just bought two Behringer thingies,....

Let's rant and rave ;)

number 1 : guitar amp

price paid : $100

number 2 : Pedal

price paid : $80

I'm gonna use the Amp for guitar and the pedal I'm gonna use to run my vocals through in the Ska band that asked me to be their new singer.

• Members

I just looked at the pedal. That is amazing. It's amazing they can put moving parts on it, let alone a pedal of any kind. How's the control?

And, uh, how's the construction. You're talking about using this stuff on stage, yeah? I could imagine a pretty short gigging life for such a pedal.

One of my old pals who used to have a nice mellow jazzy tone on an old ES224 semi hollow showed up recently at a jam with a Strat (a nice one, to be sure) and one of those Berhinger amps and it was... I dunno. I hope you pick your amp modeling choices better than he did. :D

Maybe it's a mid-life crisis, thing, come to think of it. Another normally mellow, very accomplished guitarist in my greater circle of pals showed up at a different jam with a Pod XT that he proceeded to find the thinnest, most swamped in distortion and chorus sound on the thing (I had recently toured a Pod XT that's been parked at my house so I have a sense of this). I used to love to hear this guy play and sing, even though his taste has always been very, you know, mainstream. But now he's in is late 40's and all of a sudden he sounds like a dorky 17 year old in a saturday afternoon Guitar Center, circa 1992. My, my.

Anyhow, Booshie, I want you to use your new toys for good -- not evil.

;)

• Members

I'll use the footthingie only to switch between programs,.... not the pedal itsself.

The amp,...... I play downstroke Ska Riddim guitar so I only need to have one good setting and that's it.

The footpedal effect thingy is to give me those nice weird echoos used in ska lyrics..... it's easier and cheaper than a 19"effect console.

And to top it all off...... even if the thing breaks or the amp dies on my ,...I get enough$ from 2 gigs to buy them again.

And like I said before,.... Behringer stuff has allways been good to me.... It's very strong and I like the sound.

Amp simulators and effect consoles have allways one main problem and that is the factory presets. No matter what brand,..they allways suck. You have to tweak and tweak and tweak and tweak etc etc etc.....

• Members

well, well, got an bass X-VAMP digital to the M-audio s/pdif, batteries are same as that of the old korg and roland modules as well as your own mobos. Got a UBB 1002 mixer for portable stuff. Not the most ruggedly constructed stuff but very good bang for the buck. Im thinking of getting a $99 FCA 202 firewire 2x2 24/96 audio interface or the $34 usb or the UMX49 keyboard with usb audio for my laptop.

Archived