Need some advice.

protues9

• Members

seriously.

ok here the deal .. way back when I agreed to work with this girl that was a reference of a friend. Said friend is too nice to say anything bad about anyone..

Well this girl is a damned if you do damned if you dont sort. Things have gotten so busy, i havent been able to work at all on the songs I told her I would. This was some light mastering..

Anyway, she's the sort that if you're chatting on aim, and walk a way for a few minutes, she's like

hello?

hello?

fine, why'd you get up in the middle of a conversation ?

hello?

aww screw it i'll find someone else to do it..

I knew it you just wanted to screw me over!

and then I get back and am like uh what ? I went to the bath room..

and she's like

what did that lol mean? were you laughing at me?

needless to say it's over in any regard, the thing is, i've gone invisible on my IM programs.. Do I leave it that way or write a "i regret to inform you email.. ?

by this point i could careless.. but I just wanted a second opinion..

• Members

I'm not sure what's going on. Are yo doing mastering work for her, or are you chatting online?

If you're not going to work with her, then you should probably tell her so it's at least official, and there aren't any mixed messages.

People who are chatting online -especially if they are new-, don't always know what to make of certain things. Maybe she's a little insecure...cut her a little slack.

• Members

well, she sent me some CDs.. and we were in discussions via IM ..

but she's friking psycho. New? well she has an inflated sense of self.. lots of acid loops, name dropping.. ect. So she's not new, but no proffesional either.

I mean, it's ex wife ran off with the vintage synth or whatever guitar you prefer and sent pictures of them doing it bad.

I havent had this much insanity since I lived at home.

just i figure, with all the anguish, is it worth my time to tell her why?

• Members

For situations like this, a well crafted lie can be helpful. I've found this one has been very useful for people who don't understand the word 'NO' and those with generic pyschopathic-type problems:

"Sorry, I've decided not to do outside work for pay any more. I'm using the studio for it's original purpose, which is recording personal projects. Regards and best wishes."

Archived