Newbie how to get an image under author column?

kevorkazito

• Members

Originally posted by kevorkazito

Thanks for the welcome and the info!!

a test:

fly.jpg

Funny that it doesn't work within a signature... hmmmm....

U R most welcome. Sorry, no pics in the sig no matter how many posts U have. Ah yes another Rush fan indeed. Fly by Night was the only song I've picked out but I love that bass players style. He plainly shows how bass doesn't have to be boring!

• Members

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I'm a *huge* Rush fan. You wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to stop using a chorus effect in my playing.

My favourite effect of his that I use to this day is the Electro Harmonix Flanger, Deluxe Mistress.

I foolishly sold my Maestro Phaser in like 1981. Dummy!! Now they are an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, now my focus is trying to save for my old age since it has become apparent that I'm not going to *make it* ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I'm a *huge* Rush fan. You wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to stop using a chorus effect in my playing.

My favourite effect of his that I use to this day is the Electro Harmonix Flanger, Deluxe Mistress.

I foolishly sold my Maestro Phaser in like 1981. Dummy!! Now they are an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, now my focus is trying to save for my old age since it has become apparent that I'm not going to *make it*
;)

You are most welcome and glad we could help.

Old age, hey what is that! It is a four letter word from where I sit;)

Really now, if Mick J, Jeff B, Eric C... are still going then there must be hope yet:cool:

Have a Fab day.

-Rob-

• Members

Thanks for the optimistic remarks... it ain't over 'till its over.

Now I'm focusing on Movie and Documentary scores. You'd be surprised how many working producers need a guitarist friend so I have been lucky in that regard. When they call I run! I leave my ego at home and say "I'm at your service". Seems to be working. I was sick a month ago and a studio dude came to my house and practically offered to carry me to the studio so I would play for him. Thank God that software can't replace us guitarists yet.

From those associations I was forced to join SOCAN because now I'm getting royalties. I did not expect to take this path. Now I got savvy with home recording and after 5 years I can some of the work at home as well.

My love is playing, first and foremost. My last girlfriend got the boot because she said I was too infatuated with music (where are the rocker chicks!!).

I get extremely inspired when I see the young guitarists working so hard to learn. Teaching may be another path to follow. I'm hoping to get on with Chet Breau. My pal studies with him and Chet is amazing. He's very prolific. I get goofy around him because I really love Lenny Breau's work.

I'm hoping to play Madison Square Garden by 68! Gotta keep in shape tho' :D

take care!

• Members

Thanks for the optimistic remarks... it ain't over 'till its over.

Now I'm focusing on Movie and Documentary scores. You'd be surprised how many working producers need a guitarist friend so I have been lucky in that regard. When they call I run! I leave my ego at home and say "I'm at your service". Seems to be working. I was sick a month ago and a studio dude came to my house and practically offered to carry me to the studio so I would play for him. Thank God that software can't replace us guitarists yet.

From those associations I was forced to join SOCAN because now I'm getting royalties. I did not expect to take this path. Now I got savvy with home recording and after 5 years I can some of the work at home as well.

My love is playing, first and foremost. My last girlfriend got the boot because she said I was too infatuated with music (where are the rocker chicks!!).

I get extremely inspired when I see the young guitarists working so hard to learn. Teaching may be another path to follow. I'm hoping to get on with Chet Breau. My pal studies with him and Chet is amazing. He's very prolific. I get goofy around him because I really love Lenny Breau's work.

I'm hoping to play Madison Square Garden by 68! Gotta keep in shape tho'
:D

take care!

Yes, and when the Fat lady sings:)

Glad to hear you are getting some work! I never thought I would be so involved as I am at this age. Back in the 60/70s I was one of those guys that thought life was over at 30. Glad I was wrong about that!

My last band had so much original material we were all forced to think about SOCAN, but unfortunately with everyone writing their own material it got to be more of a battle for the spotlight than a co-operative effort. After 6 months the same disagreements came up that I thought were put to rest in the first week, that is when I stepped out. I prefer solo and live production, it is so hard to find talented people that are all able to all "leave the ego at home". One thing I learned long ago regarding live production, if anything goes wrong, you are to blame! Also the larger the crowd, the harder it is to please everyone;)

Yes I love playing as well! About girlfriends, my X loved my playing at first, but after 12 years she hated the attention I got, and frowned every time I pulled out my axe. To be sure if I ever marry again, it will be to a girl who can be a big part of my music, as this is my life and I cannot see it working any other way.

Winterpeg!?! Haha, I have been there a few times as my grand parents lived in Fargo ND, so we always stopped in on our way down for a visit. I know one thing, my leather jacket is OK for Vancouver winters, but I need something better for your city that time of year.

Some of the best players I know are teaching now, and/or offering IT lessons. It is a cool world we live in now with the Net. Opened many doors that may not have ever been possible or thought of before.

Madison Square Garden, well that would be something, and I hope you make it before you are 68:thu:

-Rob-

• Members

I hear you Pal!

At one time life was pretty much over at 30 as far as staring out new. I think the baby-boomer generation has a lot to do with pushing the envelope... besides, who the hell wants to retire. I was ill for a year and a half and being home all that time sucked. Guitar playing wasn't even all that enjoyable since I felt bad that I was living on disability cheques... although I miss being able to play for 6-10 hrs a day :)

Youth has a lot to give to the industry. I'm getting into Atreyu now. Unbridled optimism is so catchy.

Ya, it's pretty cold out here. I love ND. I'm a PhiDelt from Manitoba and I partied pretty hard over at UND many times; they have the hottest blondes in the country... quit all that drinking now tho'... just kills your clarity.

I'm lucky that my friends are spending big $$ buying online lesson CD's and the like. My best bud has been buying JFRocks.com cd's. They are amazing. I heard that EVH himself sent lawyers after JF to pull down some of the lessons/tab. When you get into production the practice regime takes a beating though. I checked my 'learning journal' and I haven't hit the books/theory since Jan 10... seems like only a couple of weeks ago.

Keep up the work. I know that it is hard to find the right people to work with. Recently I worked with a producer who tagged a writing credit to himself onto my song... I felt like handing my guitar to him and asking which part he wrote as I did the whole darn thang! (he's a keyboardist) Just bend over and take it I guess :rolleyes: to get that work. Sometimes I just want to stay in and keep it to myself but the creativity is like a flower, and they belong in the garden... what were those lyrics from Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Woodstock:

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden

Caught in the devil's bargain

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Yeah, the devil's bargain... evil bastard!

P.S. Vancouver Rules!

• Members

Yeah, the devil's bargain... evil bastard!

P.S. Vancouver Rules!

Wow, you have made some real good points here. The baby boomers have changed everything. I hope generation X does not mind. Agreed retirement is old fashioned, glad I do not even contemplate such things. Atreyu? Sorry, I hardy keep up. The only new music I hear, is what my kids turn me onto. I have a few kids, so I get everything from Lincon Park to Black Eyed Peas. I really like

• Members

Right now I'm listening to CJUM Campus Radio in WPG, the UofM station. There's a dude, Joey Miles does a show from 1-4 am, the 'Wee Hours' and he just played a ton of Neil Young. Yes, I love CSNY... I just printed the lyrics to 'Teach Your Children', gotta get that tune into my repetoire...

Yes, it will be a brave new world with the ageing population. Ya know, the retirement age of 65 was instituted by Pres. Roosevelt in like 1944(?). Back then, if you lived to that age you bloody well deserved to kick-back.

Now, you can be expected to work in to your 70s. Our gov't is thinking about moving manditory retirement to 85. I know in Manitoba, there is a crisis with some retirement funds. Teachers for instance... 20 years ago there was 1 retired one for every 7 working... today it's 1 retired for every 3 working and guess what? the fund is facing a crisis. All over North America retirement packages are being clawed back and may even dry up (like GM, Ford et. al.)

I'd be pissed if I put all my marbles into the retirement promise in lieu of living everyday to the fullest.

The lesson in all this is stay healthy; mind and body for as long as you can. I'm trying to undo some major partying and other abuses to my bod :cool:

The Ramones showed us what happens when all you do is drink Pepsi and smoke cigs... RIP to those boys.

Soldering is cool man... I'm learning some of the ins-and-outs of electronics... trying to learn more about tubes, amps and such. I have a Blues de Ville and I just decided to get a Weber Mass attenuator, have U heard of them? I was going to go the modelling path but I love stacks of amps.. I've had Marshall and HiWatts... and the ear damage that came with them too :cry:

Montrose is one of my favs... Rock Candy is in my repetoire today!

Jack Bruce is amazing... I have to get that DVD of the Cream reunion.

take care

• Members

take care

Just a short note, the whole Montrose album was great I feel. I cannot believe that was 1972?!? And, all done on a SS amp! Time to put me to bed, big day tomorrow. Maybe talk more then.

You take care as well, and good night from PST.

-Rob-

• Members

... that's my summer schedule
;)

Haha, but when its spring time in the Rockys...and the fact that no-one is around at 5AM, is it just a great time to walk Rottin Roti. She likes to stick her cold nose on my forehead, sure gets me up fast! Nothing like a 100lb modile alarm clock, with a wet cold nose:D

Archived