See Kenny Loggins in concert?

LiveMusic

• Members

Your last sentence sums it up...it ain't about what anyone else thinks, it's about what you think.

FWIW...I think Loggins is an extremely talented fellow, and I'd go see him in concert in a heartbeat.

He's taken some flak for being overly commercial in the past, and yet he's a damn gifted songwriter and performer.

Let us know how the show goes.

• Members

My buddy Steve will probbably be playing drums for him, if he's not getting ready for the David Gilmour tour.

I went to a private party a few months back, a bunch of musicians jamming in the mountains. Kenny Loggins was there, along with Steve, and man he is good. Mostly jamming on Beatle tunes, but he did do a few of his own. I was not a big fan of his before, but I left with a lot of respect for him.

I hope you enjoy the show,

• Members

I went and it was terrific! One of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever seen, actually. That good. The sound was just fantastic.

- I kept thinking "r&b." That white boy's got it goin' on!

- How good he sings. Good gracious, what a singer.

- His band was superb. Another guy on guitar, bass, keys, drums and Kenny. Not sure about the drummer but all the rest of them could sing great, too.

- House At Pooh Corner... that's the one song I had to hear. And I confirmed that he plays it starting in E, not in D capo'd at fret 2.

- Even the songs I did not know, which was only a few, I thoroughly enjoyed due to the musicianship and well-written songs.

- These old guys still with all their hair make me jealous. ;)

- Did two encores. Played about 1:25. The crowd loved this guy.

• Members

I saw Loggins and Messina open up for Linda Rondstatd at the old Golden Bear (HB, CA) in late 69 or early 70, as I recall. As I recall they put on a good, likable show.

Actually, I'd forgotten it 'til now.

I think I saw them at a festival or big concert, too. I remember they were on the poster I have for Newport 69 (at Northridge, CA).

Not really my thing. I preferred the rootsy side of the acoustic equation (in fact, I've just been listening to Wheatstraw Suite the breathrough bluegrass-eclectica album from the Dillards in '69).

Archived