Wave to Midi

semeteyo

• Members

Sir

I have a wave file from a cd which is a favourite song of mine. I need to convert it to a midi file so I can practice the music or do a play along. Is there a piece of software I can use to do that. Wav to midi and give me about >8 midi tracks

Thanks

• Members

You're not going to believe this, but I've actually heard a prototype of software that extracts individual parts from music.

It's a long and convoluted story, but it's for real and it works. It's also the tip of the iceberg for a family of software apps that blew my mind.

If I say anything more, they'll have to shoot me.

• Members

Hmmmm...

I could see some sort of complex filtering, similar to surround sound decoding, which could 'unmix' a song to a certain degree.

The missing piece is in my mind is 'unchording'. Until Line 6, Roland, or someone comes up with an app which can take a guitar signal from a traditional pickup and create individual string output, I think we're a ways away from a glitch free automated pitch to midi from a mixed song.

On the other hand, I guess pitch detection has gotten to the point where octave stomp boxes can track entire chords. And I guess you could somewhat fake the chord changes by analyzing the bass frequencies, which are predominately the root in modern music, and 'guess' the chord changes based on analyzing a fairly narrow frequency band and the rhythm pattern. Still seems like it would be very glitchy (and expensive)...

• Moderators

Originally posted by sventvkg

Craig, if that comes out I'll be one of the zillions of BUY IT Immediately...

And then you'll be one of the zillions in line returning it, probably.

Craig, you're right. I don't believe it! :D

Terry D.

P.S. They can't even make a vocal eliminator that works worth a damn, but now they've made an unmixer? :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

And then you'll be one of the zillions in line returning it, probably.

Craig, you're right. I don't believe it!
:D

Terry D.

P.S. They can't even make a vocal eliminator that works worth a damn, but now they've made an
unmixer?
:freak:

Yup, it's difficult to believe, that's why I said that! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Blackmaildesigns

http://www.intelliscore.net/index.html?src=gwavemidi

One part at a time seems doable which is what Intelliscore does. Take a whole song like say, Hotel California load it into a program and have it spit out accurate MIDI for each part, is what we're talking about here..I'd like to see that happen. :):D

Archived