mods and webmaster (and anyone else)

marshallspaul

• Members

has anyone else noticed that the HC classifieds are getting more and more cluttered with spam that is irrelavant to music gear

in the past i have found a few people abusing the classified section, but it seems (at least to me) that its getting worse

the last one i saw a minute ago was a company in india trying to sell Dental Gear???? just an example:

Dealer Ad: Dental equipments

Asking Price: US$N/A

Condition: Mint

Description:

Manufacture & Exporter for all dental Equipments. We assure high quality and competitive cost.

Mr. David

Address 368/3, MES Road, Jalahalli Industrial Area.

City Bangalore

State Karnataka

Country India

Zip / Postal Code 560013

Telephone No 28381345/2838443

Fax No 32451264

Web Site URL www.asiatental.net

E-mail adcd@vsnl.com

Seller: kayle laichi,

E-mail: sarmisthasaha90 (Profile)

Post Date: 2/25/2006

does anyone moderate this anymore? or are more and more people posting bunk ads and they are not getting filtered out untill the next day/week/month

should the classifieds be briefly screened befor they are posted?

seems like a waste of bandwidth and really looks trashy.

is this what is considered acceptable for the "other" catagory?

SHOULD there be an "other" catagory?

I love the HC community but i really hope that with the massive traffic accumulating here does not change the same old standards from remaining intact and are not deluted with the mamoth amount of BS found rampant on the net

• Members

>

I hear ya. Success sometimes brings its own problems.

If there was a city of 2,000,000 people, how big would the police force be? A couple thousand? Well, that's the "population" of HC, and I can tell you we don't have anywhere near a couple thousand cops. Not even a couple dozen :)

On the other hand, success means an increased ability to monitor this stuff. We hired Dendy Jarrett full time to take care of "customer service" and to monitor the forums, and I'm sure he's not the last new hire we'll have.

Thanks for the heads-up...we'll add it to the ever-increasing "to do" list.

• Members

well maybe i stand corrected as one could use dental gear for all kinds of unintended ways.... like that one time in tijuana me and my college buddies ran into these girls and......... or not

but if i read another classified listing for cell phones .....:mad:

maybee doing away with the "other" catagory in the classifieds would be a good start

just to let this be known: Mr. Anderton, i wasn't necessarily criticizing the HC staff

just pointing out a potentially growing problem and suggesting a solution

wasn't trying to be a forum biach

• Members

just pointing out a potentially growing problem and suggesting a solution

wasn't trying to be a forum biach>>

No worries, I didn't take it that way at all! We DEPEND on feedback from members to be our "eyes and ears" because we can't do it all ourselves. Comments like yours are appreciated. We want this to be the best site in the universe, but we'll settle for being the best one in the music industry :)

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

We hired Dendy Jarrett full time to take care of "customer service" and to monitor the forums, and I'm sure he's not the last new hire we'll have.

Wow. :thu:

Now if we can just get MF to purchase CMP Entertainment Media, Inc., and roll the MP forums into the mix, we'll be good to go. :D

Archived