Ever play a Ztar?

Super 8

• Members

624d1.jpg

They're expensive, but damn they look cool.

I've always been a synth enthusiast.

I have a Kawai K5000, a Yamaha FS1R, a Roland JV-880, and my first synth, a Yamaha DX27. But I've never really been very good at the keyboard, and really, I'm mainly a drummer. But I can play guitar alright, and this thing looks like a great way to cross over into synthland.

Of course, I'm dreaming now. :love:

The likelyhood of me finding a practical use for one of these things, just isn't too likely. And it would be a pretty expensive toy to just sit around and jam on occasionally.

But still, it gets me think'n....what if? :idea: And that's always a bad sign. ;)

So..... does anyone have one of these?

Ever play one?

What are they really like?

• Members

I'm not familiar with that one. But every time I come across one of these instruments, I'm always thinking, "Hmmm, what if I could use that for a couple of songs live?" There's this other guitar-shaped sort of thing that use one of those old Atari game chips and makes sounds that I used to think of getting as well.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

There's this other guitar-shaped sort of thing that use one of those old Atari game chips and makes sounds that I used to think of getting as well.

Oooh... Those old Atari's made some cool sounds. Do you have a link?

• Members

Originally posted by Super 8

Oooh... Those old Atari's made some cool sounds. Do you have a link?

Okay, it was bugging me that I couldn't find this, so here it is:

Axe*Synth Synthesizer/Theremin Guitar

So I had it wrong. There's no mention of an Atari chip anywhere here. Unless I am thinking of something else....possibly this:

Space*Synth

And here's something else by the same company:

Experimental effects processor/theremin thingy

Archived