Just got 2 free tickets to CSN&Y

gatorwing

• Members

A friend works for Hershey Entertainment in the ticket office. Apparently tickets haven't been selling very well for CSN&Y, so Hershey gave him 6 free tickets. He gave two to us. Weather is supposed to be very nice tonight, so it should be a good time.

• Members

Tickets were expensive:

$176.00, $126.00, $76.00, $56.00 and $38.50

In the beginning, Hershey wouldn't sell the $38.50 tickets. They wanted all the more expensive seats sold first. The $38.50 seats are probably anywhere from 80 yards to 100 yards from the stage.

It was only in the low $40 range to see CSN a few years ago (11th row seats).

• Members

One of the best shows I ever saw was CSN at the Tower Theater, must have been '86 or '87. I was in high school, just getting acclimated to classic rock, and I didn't really know much about them.

I was blown away. It was just the 3 of them, mostly accoustic. Stills broke out one of those skinny steinberger guitars and played some electric, and the 3 of them sang their asses off.

I've seen them 2 or 3 times since. They are always pretty good, but that first time, might have been the best concert I ever saw.

• Members

Originally posted by LiveMusic

Wow, I can't imagine their tickets selling poorly. Man, that says something. Not good. I would have thought a sellout. Quickly.

Most of the row in front of us and behind us were empty. Lot of empty seats on the ground in the last several rows.

But the concert was great!

Archived