Commodore is back!

Alndln2

• Members

Originally posted by spokenward

Everybody
is a Delaware Corp., aren't ?
:rolleyes:

some days it seems like it ;) , if you want to play it fast n loose (not every Delaware corp is fast n loose) Delaware is the place to go as their articles are pretty loose, but that's where Delaware gets a good revenuue

'course, that's how you set up shell corporations, IP holding tanks, etc -

[hence the observation] of oooh, it's a Deleware Corp

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

some days it seems like it
;)
, if you want to play it fast n loose (not every Delaware corp is fast n loose) Delaware is the place to go as their articles are pretty loose, but that's where Delaware gets a good revenuue

'course, that's how you set up shell corporations, IP holding tanks, etc -

[hence the observation] of
oooh, it's a Deleware Corp

80% of all junk mail in America originates from Wilmington, DE.

• Members

Originally posted by protues9

isnt that because they have some financial work around and that's why 99% of banks are based out of there? I had a friend who works for HSBC tell me something of the sort, just I forgot what..

probably their usury (basically interest/loan sharking stuff) laws would be specifically of interest to banks

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Never got rid of my Pet 2001, made a lot of money writing software for it back in the day.
:thu:

Terry D.

:D

I believe my brother's 8th grade class bought the middle school their first PET computer back in 1978. A few years later I entered highschool to a new student lab filled with Apple IIe's, external floppy drives ( 5 1/4" and one 7", IIRC) and color monitors. I wrote all kinds of goofy, BASIC graphics programs. :D

We bought a Commodore Plus 4, then a C64. I didn't really program for it, but after the ungodly long cassette tape program loads we could play Jumpman, Racing Destruction Set (That was a good one!) and Summer Games. There was also an extreme sports version called California Games with Skateboard half-pipe, Frisbee, Hacky Sack, Surfing, and several other events. :thu:

Man I'd love to play some of those games again.

• Members

Originally posted by fantasticsound

Man I'd love to play some of those games again.

there are some EMUs out there --

I think the popular C64 one is called "VICE"

The "Asimov" (I think it comes from Apple->Netwon->Issac->Asimov) collection contains ][ resource - though there are certainly others

• Members

Thanks. I already searched for them after finding free downloads of California Games. :D

Unfortunately, download is in .D64 format, which I can't find an emulator to run it, and the other is just that game with no emulator shell necessary. Unfortunately it crashed my computer. :confused:

Oh, well... Maybe I'll figure out what the problems are.

• Members

Thanks. I already searched for them after finding free downloads of California Games.
:D

Unfortunately, download is in .D64 format, which I can't find an emulator to run it, and the other is just that game with no emulator shell necessary. Unfortunately it crashed my computer.
:confused:

Oh, well... Maybe I'll figure out what the problems are.

hmm,,I'll ask a few folks in the know

Q: what system are you running the emu on?

• Members

I prob won't matter that much, but what processor family?

Out of curiosity, what Emu crashed your box? (edit : whoops, Ok I misread - it sounds like the game that crashed the box had the emu inbuilt...wonder if it's a Direct X version conflict)

I'll ask around a bit

someone pointed me to this list

http://www.robohara.com/?p=364

I'm not sure what the current IP status of any particular game is -- I'd prob suggest D/L the game for archive and try to contact the author (maybe check if it was a registered copyright)

• Members

I was more concerned with the chipset than the clock speed (as you are going to have plenty of horsepower to run an emu of a 65xx series processor running at a blistering 1mhz or so -- I was more concerned with the emu maybe calling some low-level instructions through Direct-X or some such)

The WinVice emu can, apparently (I have not tried, nor have I heard back from my guys in the know, just from a little texst) run D64, but I think there are some "direct disk emulation" issues (possibly attached to nibble based copy protection of the day??? dunno just a guess there.)

• Members

Thanks. I didn't see support for (or against) D64 for VICE. I tried using CCS64, but it couldn't see the D64 files (It sees only tape or cartridge files) so I assume there's no way to load them in CCS64

check that link I think he does a walk-through for loading D64 files (I might be wrong)

this seem like a general resource site

http://www.commodore.ca/download/download.htm

so maybe if you can't find the D64 working well, you can find the applications in another archive format

FWIW - the ][ emulators work like charms :p

ha! these guys thinking Mac v PC is ruthless ... ain't seen nothin like an 8-bit smackdown

Archived