Sonnamabish

Ani

• Members

:mad: I've been had for $400.00 smackeroos.....

A local furniture warehouse advertising as being a clearance center for discontinued furniture that had been used in showcase homes had sold me three bedroom suites that were pretty much brand spanking new. Two of those were in stock and I had them delivered. On the 3rd BR suite, the Poster Bed was available by special order only..... prepaid order....

Anyone can say it now.... HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.... I took the bait...

The guy said two weeks on delivery time. After two weeks, I called and he said the shipments were running behind and that he'd call me. In trying not to seem pushy, I waited another two and a half weeks.... I called today and got a message stating the following, "This business is now closed, we're sorry for the inconvenience" :mad:

I called the newspaper where these fraudsters run multiple on-line ads and will follow through with further pursuit once business opens up on Monday morn....

This was my "14 year old daughter's" Christmas wish and the bastard knew it... She wanted the bed because it was a pedestal/poster bed with steps...

That just fuels the fire with me that some sorry sonnamabish could let a kid down like that, not to mention a paying customer. One more "Hallelujah" for another salesman that claimed to be a preacher. My mother always told me to never trust a preacherman selling goods.

• Members

Amanda doesn't know yet, she's at her dad's house for the weekend. Unlike that sorry SOB, I won't let my daughter down. That means that I'm going to have to come up with another $400.00 to keep the balance in Christmas. I've already spent that much and more on Stephen.

I contacted the K.C. Star and informed them of the incident and also let them know of another operation still active that is a prototype of this operation. Same deal, but they operate under a different phone number and warehouse location; probably connected in some sense, if not the same batch of folks.

I'll be contacting my bank to find out what bank and account my checks were deposited into when they were cashed. Though business names and locations change, rarely does the banking institution. I'll collect as much information as I can myself and then submit a complaint to the Attorney General's Office for consumer fraud.

In the meantime; I doubt that I will ever see the money again, at least not in time for Christmas, so I'll have to come up with another $400 to make sure there are no hard feelings on Christmas. You know, kids don't really understand this stuff....

• Members

Originally posted by Ani

Amanda doesn't know yet, she's at her dad's house for the weekend. Unlike that sorry SOB, I won't let my daughter down. That means that I'm going to have to come up with another $400.00 to keep the balance in Christmas. I've already spent that much and more on Stephen.

I contacted the K.C. Star and informed them of the incident and also let them know of another operation still active that is a prototype of this operation. Same deal, but they operate under a different phone number and warehouse location; probably connected in some sense, if not the same batch of folks.

I'll be contacting my bank to find out what bank and account my checks were deposited into when they were cashed. Though business names and locations change, rarely does the banking institution. I'll collect as much information as I can myself and then submit a complaint to the Attorney General's Office for consumer fraud.

In the meantime; I doubt that I will ever see the money again, at least not in time for Christmas, so I'll have to come up with another $400 to make sure there are no hard feelings on Christmas. You know, kids don't really understand this stuff....

:thu:

-J.P. LUX

Archived