OT - I'm now a grampa!

philbo

• Members

My granddaughter was born a couple days ago here in Aruba. She's beautiful!

This is a pretty amazing place.... I could probably get used to it really quickly if I had to...:D

Lots of gourgeous girls and white sand beaches and other tasty stuff. Pretty expensive, though - - gas is about 1.89 a liter!

I'll be back in the US next week. See y'all then!

Philbo

• Members

Originally posted by philbo

My granddaughter was born a couple days ago here in Aruba. She's beautiful!

Congrats, philbo!

Lots of gourgeous girls and white sand beaches and other tasty stuff.

That sounds beautiful, too! :D

Pretty expensive, though - - gas is about 1.89 a liter!

20 miles long X 6 miles wide or so, isn't it? Couple of liters oughta do ya... ;)

Enjoy!

Rick

• Members

Hi GrandPa !

:D

Congratulations !!

What's her name? How much did her wieght?

I was in Barbados 4 weeks ago. Lovely place, indeed -caribbean, too-. Pretty damned expensive !!

Enjoy the vacations, the beach and the grand daughter.

:wave:

Isabella Cassandra. She was 8 lbs & 9 oz (roughly). I might be a little biased, but I consider her the most beautiful baby on earth. ;)

Her mom is Uraguan, her dad (my son) is the typical American mutt mix (Swiss, German, Irish, Polish).

I had a really good time. Although I was only there 6 days, it felt like much longer.

The first Carnival parade was downtown last Saturday night, so I went and watched. There were about 28 semis, each with a flat bed trailer holding a band. They were space a block apart, and each had a PA system mounted on the front and rear of the rig. Some of these had enough bass that I could feel my lungs vibrating inside me as they went by. Each semi had 100 to 500 costumed drunken dancing people following along behind. About every 3rd semi, there was a booze truck. The whole thing took about about 4 hours to go by me (9PM to 1AM). What a party!

I damn near froze when I got off the plane in Atlanta - - had to go change from shorts back into bluejeans. Then I got to Iowa, and it was 16 degrees F (about -8C) :eek: and realized my son didn't bring a coat for me. It's amazing how quickly I got used to the constant 87 degrees there....

I might have to go back for her birthday next year...:thu:

Archived