Bruce - Your new studio?

boosh

• Members

Is it finished allready? I'd like to see before and after pics,...and I guess there's more people who like to see them if there are any.

I think lots of us can learn plenty if we see how studios are designed and build.

A finished studio is one thing but preparing an empty room and transforming it is something else.

Booshy

• Members

Is it finished allready? I'd like to see before and after pics,...and I guess there's more people who like to see them if there are any.

I think lots of us can learn plenty if we see how studios are designed and build.

A finished studio is one thing but preparing an empty room and transforming it is something else.

Booshy

Booshus....

My new studio is going to be a bona-fide, top-drawer M........ F......!!!

The wall framing is up!

• Members

Booshus....

My new studio is going to be a bona-fide, top-drawer M........ F......!!!

The wall framing is up!

We need pics!! ;)

Hey I just thought about something weird,...........

Wouldn't it be cool to open your new studio with a party featuring the Duke Ellington orchestra Playing Thriller??

Hahaha and I haven't even smoked any illegal substances when I thought of that.

• Members

Okay folks,... here they are:

The first three Pics,..freshly received by email.

Thanks Bruce!

#1 - control room ceiling framing - Low frequency trapping....

P1010007.jpg

#2 - My John Deere Hard at work....

P1010028.jpg

#3 - My John Deere Hard at work pic #2....

P1010026.jpg

• Members

Next set:

#4- Control room looking into studio - facing east...

P1010004.jpg

#5- Control room and Pro-tools room...

P1010005.jpg

#6 - Ben Richard and Brucie. Ben is the guy who is actually building

my studio.... HE'S BRILLIANT!!!

BenBrucie.jpg

#7 - Boo-Boo on his way to the studio to make sure it's being done

properly!!! He weighs 200 Pounds and is about 6 Foot 10 inches when he

stands on his back legs!!! The studio WILL BE DONE PROPERLY!!!

booboo.jpg

• Members

That framing looks solid as a rock!!

Could you tell us something about who did the architectural design and the interior design? Did you design it yourself? Why is build like it is? I imagine there are no parallel walls etc,...

• Members

That framing looks solid as a rock!!

Could you tell us something about who did the architectural design and the interior design? Did you design it yourself? Why is build like it is? I imagine there are no parallel walls etc,...

Forumites and Booshi.....

I did the basic design myself with the guidance of my pal Arthur Noxon of Acoustic Sciences. There is a liberal use of ASC's IsoWall and IsoCeiling soundproofing. You can't see the ASC IsoWall and IsoCeiling in the photo's very well but it is everywhere. Everywhere a joist meets a support there is a section of IsoWall and IsoCeiling.

As far as the Actual Acoustic design.... there are NO PARRALEL surfaces anywhere.

Check out this Web-Page....

http://www.asc-studio-acoustics.com/westviking.htm

That is my last studio.... The control room is, without a doubt the best I have ever heard!!! The control room in the new studio will be identical to the one on the web-page.....

The studio will be quite different!!!

Bruce Swedien

:cool::thu::cool:

• Members

Is it of any importance which lumber to use when building a studio like that? I mean,.. is it just as with guitars?

Booshi.......

All I know is that my pal Ben Richard(The guy in the photo above) hand picks

every piece of lumber and wood and steel that is going into this Fantastic Little Studio!!!! He is a man possesed when it comes to studio construction!!!

My mandate to Ben is to make the control room sound as good as the last one he built for me. We both know that the studio will sound even better than the last one!!!

Bruce

:cool::thu::cool:

• Members

Hey Boosh! Great thread! And Bruce, thanks for sharing this! Love the John Deere. My, er, 'bijou' studio has no parrallel surfaces either, although by accident rather than design, since the building was a funny shape before I converted it. It certainly avoids a lot of potential problems in my small room.

Archived