Presonus FirePod Vs FireStudio

plastic

• Members

I'm looking at moving to a firewire interface. I'm looking for 16 track capabilities. So far I'm leaning towards either 2 firepods or 1 firestudio + 1 digimax FS. Of the two, the firestudio + digimax combo would be a little more expensive. Does anyone know if there is a benefit to going that route over multiple firepods?

Also, feel free to suggest other firewire interfaces.

• Members

I'm looking at moving to a firewire interface. I'm looking for 16 track capabilities. So far I'm leaning towards either 2 firepods or 1 firestudio + 1 digimax FS. Of the two, the firestudio + digimax combo would be a little more expensive. Does anyone know if there is a benefit to going that route over multiple firepods?

Also, feel free to suggest other firewire interfaces.

well, i know that i have the firepod and love it, but i don't need that monitoring capability that the firestudio has since i'm just one guy with a computer, ya know? i don't track anyone.

the pres are pretty nice and there's a good amount of headroom. (btw. i've been using it pretty steadily now for over a year without event)

good luck

g

• Members

When I bought the Firepod, it was mainly for it's straight forwardness , no messing around, get down to business but I've noticed that the Firepod in my opinion is not built physically to last. The knobs are a joke, you can clip easily because there is a little light the comes on when you clip. If you rack the Firepod, the power button is on the back.

Personally the Firestudio looks okay have never used it. The Firepod's driver update is a joke but all in all I have used it and it's working for me.

If I were in your shoes and concerned about inputs, I'll go with the Mackie 1200F, you get it all, you get a tank like structure with great pres and good functionality.

Audioicon.

Archived