THE POLICE are rehearsing in Vancouver, B.C.

LIMiT

• Moderators

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/index.html

A friend of mine living in Whistler phoned and told me he say Sting on the slopes!.

This is good news!

-LIMiT

Hah! That's great news. What fun that will be to see Stewart piss off Sting again. What an inspired choice for a town to rehearse in... just drive up to Whistler for the day to shuss then back down to work out the kinks on Walking on the Moon. I love Vancouver. I love the Police!

• Members

I bet they'd do a hell of a good tour. I'd be skeptical (but open minded) about the prospects of a good album. But then I haven't truly loved a Sting song since maybe "Does Anyone Stare" or "Bring on the Night."

The Police were key, though, and like Ab Fab or other great British TV shows, I love the fact that their run was short and sweet. It's the first three albums that I care about. They did rather rock my world.

• Members

while on the subject of bands reforming Crowded House have been auditioning drummers here in aussieland, next stop LA for auditions.

any drummers out there interested??

I guess a lot of drummers are afraid,...after what happened to their last drummer......

• Members

while on the subject of bands reforming Crowded House have been auditioning drummers here in aussieland, next stop LA for auditions.

any drummers out there interested??

Up next, "Rockstar: Crowded House!!!" this week, the audience votes!!!

• Members

I bet they'd do a hell of a good tour. I'd be skeptical (but open minded) about the prospects of a good album. But then I haven't truly loved a Sting song since maybe "Does Anyone Stare" or "Bring on the Night."

The Police were key, though, and like Ab Fab or other great British TV shows, I love the fact that their run was short and sweet. It's the first three albums that I care about. They did rather rock my world.

John, I got to see the Police on tour with their third album at the Arizona state fair -- before any of the songs on it became hits.

But here's the kicker that I know you'll appreciate: the warm-up band was XTC, touring their Black Sea album.

Man, what a concert that was! And I paid something like $3 to see it. :)

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Set your DVR: as pbognar suspected, wire services report The Police will open the Grammy Awards.

I saw The Police on the Synchronicity tour and the opener was the great Black Uhuru including Sly and Robbie. Unfortunately, it was at the Syracuse Carrier Dome with seats FAR from the stage, and that was probably the worst sounding concert I've ever seen.

• Members

John
, I got to see the Police on tour with their third album at the Arizona state fair --
before
any of the songs on it became hits.

But here's the kicker that I know you'll appreciate: the warm-up band was XTC, touring their
Black Sea
album.

Man, what a concert that was! And I paid something like $3 to see it.
:)

Best,

Geoff

Geoff, I am not one of the three million people who claim to be among the 6 people who saw the Police at the Chance in Poughkeepsie (abot 10 miles from me) during a blizzard in the late '70s, and, of course, not seeing XTC live is probably THE great 0 on my scoresheet (well, there's the Beatles...). So yes, I envy you...

I am however proud to say that I have seen negativland live, and there's a few people out there who would kill to be able to say that.

Archived