Thank you Bruce

Kevin Reiter

• Members

I read, that you left that forum ... :cry:

I just wanna say thank you for your participation. There were lots of posts about recording, mixing and sound that were just phantastic. I've learned so much from that. I'm 27 now, i've to make my way - but reading your posts showed that you have this everlasting passion for your music and that you really love doing it. I feel the same since the music came into my life. I wanna make music as long as i can!

With your personality you inspired so many of us here and maybe thats a big contribute for the future generation. I'll carry all i've learned from you and i'll do everything to develop my sonic personality.

It's all about the detail.

Thanks for your time being around...

The best wishes for you, Bruce (the Platinum Viking) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stereo is KING !!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

grey_yellow_design_1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a feeling Bruce will be back someday, but he could really use a vacation. I think it's more important that he take care of his health right now...besides, he's left us enough to think about for a while :)

He's had to take breaks a couple of times before, which is totally understandable. It's not like he has nothing else to do!

• Members

He's clearly a great guy. Warm, friendly, down to earth. The forum has been a richer place for his contributions and I hope to see him back here someday -- and I certainly hope to see him at other cybervenues in the mean time.

A BIG thanks to Bruce from me, too!

• Members

I find the timing funny. I enjoy reading his posts but he is a little sensitive to the trollers, don`t ya think? I`m just surprised someone of his stature would let such things get to him. Oh well...

I can understand it .....

Much like a teacher getting annoyed with a class

of unruly students..

As far as I'm concerned I consider myself lucky

to have been around while Bruce was here.

His posts and comments are priceless and we are

all very privileged to've been witness to them..

• Members

Much like a teacher getting annoyed with a class of unruly students..

Ever teach a bunch of unruly kids?

Bruce has the option to ignore posts here unlike a teacher in a classroom full of punks which is what internet forums are at times.

I think he may have been caught off guard with the clipping and maybe... got embarrassed? His reaction seemed really defensive.

Whatever the case, the guy is a top notch mixer so I could care less if it clipped.

be lucky,

EB

• Members

I hope he comes back - - I never really had the sense of 'connecting' with him that many of you did, but I have nothing but respect both for his life's work and for his generosity in sharing his time, thoughts and wisdom with us.

Not often you find a diamond in the weeds....

• Members

"....Bruce has the option to ignore posts here unlike a teacher in a classroom full of punks which is what internet forums are at times....." EB

Many people who are not familiar with common

internet forum behavior can be quite put out by it.

Old forum hands know how it all works and are

often oblivious to the morons and trolls.

It requires a certain thickness of skin .........

• Members

How odd. This is the same thing that happened over at Music Player. He showed up, started and participated in some great threads, and then had to leave after some things got a little heated. I really hope he comes back too.

• Members

Ever teach a bunch of unruly kids?

Bruce has the option to ignore posts here unlike a teacher in a classroom full of punks which is what internet forums are at times.

He can't ignore them, he takes things at face value. It's a little hard to understand if you haven't met Bruce, but if you're a kid who walks up to him at lunch and asks a question, he'll stop eating lunch and answer it. He just can't blow people off and move on...I used to be the same way, but 12 years of SSS have somewhat augmented my blow off chops :)

• Members

How odd. This is the same thing that happened over at Music Player. He showed up, started and participated in some great threads, and then had to leave after some things got a little heated. I really hope he comes back too.

Anytime someone like Bruce shows up on a forum, there will always be an idiot who is going to start something. Its human nature...

I just don`t get how Bruce does not know the beast he is partaking in. He has to know by now hes going to get {censored} sometimes on a forum. It happens to all of us no matter how good our intentions.

I just think he was embarrassed over something he himself did not see but at the same time who cares? Thats a great mix and the clip was never audible on my end or yours either. Right?

He just got bent out of shape for something so silly. Maybe thats the price of living for so long in such a state of greatness?

Oh well...

• Members

I'm sure he will. He just doesn't have a desire to get into heated discussions. Can't blame him, actually.

• Members

I'm sure he will. He just doesn't have a desire to get into heated discussions. Can't blame him, actually.

I don't blame him either. It's just a shame that anything would get heated at all. I mean, I can't really disagree with anything the guy says because his work speaks for itself. How can you argue that? People like me just want to learn from people like him. And people who have nothing to add or learn from should stay away if they have nothing good to add or keep their mouth shut. It shouldn't be more complicated than that. But unfortunately it has on at least 2 separate forums now. MP and HC.

• Members

Hey Bruce,

Sorry I didn't interact while I had the chance. Your posts have helped me a lot in terms of not only how I record music but also how I think about it.

I bought your book today. That'll have to do.

Hope to see you around here again.

Franklin

• Members

I don't understand and there's something I have to get off my chest.

It was only a couple of days ago when Bruce said that he loved this forum, he said something like 'I love you all' and seemed very happy.

Then he sent us the MP3 and opened a thread in which he asked for comments, which many of us gave him.

John Sayers participated in this thread and If you would have read his post well, he gave Bruce mucho kudos, but he also had some critique about the loudness which must have been caused by the mastering, done by Bernie Grundman. And actually John had a point.

After that Bruce got very angry, got grumpy and showed he's just a human like anybody, with ups and downs, with good times and bad times. There's nothing wrong with being emotional every now and then.

After this the trolling began and we all know we should never feed a troll. The next day Craig deleted these posts.

Then Bruce started a tread about the clipping for artstic reasons and he was still very pissed.

Both treads apparently have been deleted, which I pity because there were some very thoughtful posts in there.

I can't understand why this all happened on a forum where people are so friendly with eachother.

I know, I'm Dutch and they say the Dutch don't go around bushes, but I'm really flabbergasted about all this. Bruce is a brilliant engineer and a brilliant teacher, but also nothing more or less than a human being, with emotions like any musician has plenty.

This all makes me sad, really sad. :cry:

• Members

I'm kinda bummed out about it too. I just started following things on SSS to gain some knowledge To get it from a guy in his league is a rare thing indeed. However, I don't think anything that was said in those threads that concerned music was out of line or offensive. It was all good, open discussion. I guess if he wanted to avoid heated topics, that might have gotten heated, but it didn't. This IS a recording forum and if any one else posted some work i'd think we'd all expect it to be inspected. Now the trolling around here is a shame. It's unfortunate that the idiocy of OJ can even be involved here.

My concern would be for Bruce in this point. I hope he knows that we all appriciate what he's done here, and all the great music he brought to the world. I still have the entire Swedien thread to browse for info and i'll be buying his book/books soon. All the best Bruce, Thanks:thu:

• Members

I don't understand and there's something I have to get off my chest.

It was only a couple of days ago when Bruce said that he loved this forum, he said something like 'I love you all' and seemed very happy.

Then he sent us the MP3 and opened a thread in which he asked for comments, which many of us gave him.

John Sayers participated in this thread and If you would have read his post well, he gave Bruce mucho kudos, but he also had some critique about the loudness which must have been caused by the mastering, done by Bernie Grundman. And actually John had a point.

After that Bruce got very angry, got grumpy and showed he's just a human like anybody, with ups and downs, with good times and bad times. There's nothing wrong with being emotional every now and then.

After this the trolling began and we all know we should never feed a troll. The next day Craig deleted these posts.

Then Bruce started a tread about the clipping for artstic reasons and he was still very pissed.

Both treads apparently have been deleted, which I pity because there were some very thoughtful posts in there.

I can't understand why this all happened on a forum where people are so friendly with eachother.

I know, I'm Dutch and they say the Dutch don't go around bushes, but I'm really flabbergasted about all this. Bruce is a brilliant engineer and a brilliant teacher, but also nothing more or less than a human being, with emotions like any musician has plenty.

This all makes me sad, really sad.

Han,

Excellent point. I think Bruce is used to being treated like royalty everywhere he goes. He is not used to be critiqued which is what happened in the MP3 thread. The man is clearly not used to it! It clearly caught him off guard and he was not thinking when he wrote back, he was so pissed that someone found a technical fault in his work, he couldn`t deal with it.

Honestly, he is a master at his work so why would he care what we think? He too lost his noggin for a minute.

A guy like Bruce comes on these forums and everyone is drooling. Its a huge ego thing for him and when everyone loves you, well you love everyone too like he was feeling several days ago.

The minute people started treating him no differently than anyone else, he was out of here.

I think that says a lot.

be lucky,

EB

• Members

Darn...my mood ring is black. Thanks for all the stories, Bruce. I checked your thread everyday and always listened to what you had to say. Come back when you have time, I wanna see photos of that room when you finish! Oh..and JL finally has Awakening for sale. It's a about time..ya think? What a great recording....

Archived