Crowded House to reunite!

Lee Knight

• Moderators

This makes me so happy. Paul Hester died so that makes for a bit of a snag but I still look forward to hearing this. Check who produced!

From Billboard:

"Neil has had a hankering to play in a band again and what better band to do this in but the one he had the most joy with," he continued.

The solo album Finn previously told Billboard.com would feature Crowded House bassist Nick Seymour has morphed into a Crowded House release, although it is unknown when it will hit stores. Also unclear is who will replace Hester; auditions are said to be underway to fill the slot. Multi-instrumentalist Mark Hart, who joined Crowded House full time in 1992, will be back in the fold for the live dates.

"It's a pretty emotional record, I think," Finn said of the new disc, which was produced by Ethan Johns. "It's hard for me to evaluate, 'cause I'm so close to it now. But I think it's fairly simple, which I'm really happy about. There's a lot of heart in the record, which I'm happy about, too."

• Members

The Enz had a brief reunion not too long ago. I hope a DVD comes from it.

It's great to that Neil and Nick are doing this. I'll certainly go the shows when they're close. Neil has a big fan base in the DC area.

• Members

Great news.
:cool:
I'd love to see a Split Enz reunion too.

Split Enz did reunite for a 1 off tour down here (Australia)

last year....

I didn't see the live show but there was a video circulating on the net

of them performing "unplugged" at a press conference to announce the shows.

Very cool stuff... They've still "got it".....

• Members

w00t!

Though I'm going to miss crowded house with paul hester, his drumming didn't seem like much but it kinda was at the same time. He brought a certain character to the band that was subtle but important, I don't know what it'd be like with a new drummer.

• Moderators

w00t!

Though I'm going to miss crowded house with paul hester, his drumming didn't seem like much but it kinda was at the same time. He brought a certain character to the band that was subtle but important, I don't know what it'd be like with a new drummer.

Paul Hester.

As I watched that video of Dream I kind of locked in on Paul. Suicide... {censored}. It's crazy and so sad. BTW, I actually loved his drumming. He could make the simplest thing sublime. The snare 2 hits into Chocolate Cake. Paul. When he would come up front with just a snare and brushes... fun. How could such a joyful character take his life?

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Grace

Great news.

I'd love to see a Split Enz reunion too.

Best,

Geoff

You're getting one step ahead, Geoff.

Especially considering that history never repeats.
:p

Best,

Geoff

You're a hard act to follow.

(I can't figure out "nesting quotes".)

Archived