G.a.s. 2007!

the stranger

• Members

I really want one of those ZOOM H4's. They look like a good poor man's Sony. Speaking of Sony, I really want Acid 6. Also in dire need of some drums for the studio. :(_~

So what's on your list?

The GAS was in caps, but this forum censors anything it deems close to a capitalization penalty. Capitalization override. No yelling aloud. It's a party, but not that kind of party. Step away from the mashed potatoes.

• Moderators

My new Ashdown 1 15" bass extention cab for my Ashdown 300w 2 10" bass combo just arrived today.

My Radial X-Amp reamp device is on back order but should be here in 2 weeks.

I'll be buying an API A2D stereo pre and converter in 4 weeks or so with a projects down payment.

I'd like a pair of CAD Trion 8000 tube mutipattern mics. (Not gonna happen right now)

I need to build a new audio pc soon.

• Members

I'm gettnig a mac book pro soon

then hopefully a firestudio and mackie onyx 800r

And if I'm lucky and all my dreams come true, a presonus ADL600 (it wont happen)

I'm sure many a mic will come my way and convince me to buy it too.

In other words, i'm going to be living poor again. Lol

• Members

ADAM Sub8 - The only reason I haven't gotten this yet is because I quite literally do not have enough room for it. But in time...

Korg MR1 1-bit field recorder thingy that Craig is gonna be reviewing. Don't need this anytime soon, but it looks really cool.

A ribbon mic - at this point, I am thinking that it will be the Beyer M160 (I was initially thinking it would be the Shinybox, which is supposed to be really great).

• Members

ADAM Sub8 - The only reason I haven't gotten this yet is because I quite literally do not have enough room for it. But in time...

Korg MR1 1-bit field recorder thingy that Craig is gonna be reviewing. Don't need this anytime soon, but it looks really cool.

A ribbon mic - at this point, I am thinking that it will be the Beyer M160 (I was initially thinking it would be the Shinybox, which is supposed to be really great).

I've heard great things about the Cascade X-15 ribbon - wish there was someplace close to me that sold them so I could plug it in and hear it.

I have a large project coming soon which should net me a pretty hefty sum for a week's worth of work - I'll be able to play with about $2500 of the money (wife says I can't have it all...). Can't decide whether a new Mac or a super nice mic, or a decent mic and nice preamp... ARGH! I need direction.

• Members

I've been saving my nickels since I made my last car payment last year and releaved a huge amount of GAS about two weeks ago:

1. 24" iMac with 2 G RAM;

2. Mackie Onyx 400F with Traction II;

3. Epson inkjet photo printer;

4. Brother mono laser printer;

5. Cable Internet/phone/TV;

6. A Nikon D-200 digital SLR;

7. Tokina 12-24mm zoom for the Nikon;

8. Nikon SB-800 flash;

9. Pantone Huey color monitor calibrator;

10. Nikon Coolscan V slide scanner (still on backorder); and

11. My very first cellphone.

Joined the digital age in one big fell swoop; I'm trying to wade thru about 2,800 pages of instruction manuals and its been very, very hard to go to work these last two weeks! :D

• Members

I'd like a pair of CAD Trion 8000 tube mutipattern mics. (Not gonna happen right now).

Lee:

You seem to be really high on those Cad Trion 8000 tube mics since coming back from the show.

Can you give a few reasons why you like them so much?

I'll be in the market for a main home studio mic soon and may have to throw this one into the mix.

• Members

A decent upright piano in the 2k range, probably leaning toward a used Yamaha or Kawai, but I'm open minded...

Stranger, I have the H4 -- very useful. I might be a little less impressed with the onboard mics than Mr. Doubt (so whose the real Mr. Doubt, Hmmmm?) but the device has already proven itself reall useful, and all of it many features seem to work fine.

One thing I like to do is switch it to 4 track mode, record acoustic band rehearsals on a stereo track (which takes 2 of the 4 of course) and then experiment with harmonies and such later.

• Members

I've been saving my nickels since I made my last car payment last year and releaved a huge amount of GAS about two weeks ago:

1. 24" iMac with 2 G RAM;

2. Mackie Onyx 400F with Traction II;

3. Epson inkjet photo printer;

4. Brother mono laser printer;

5. Cable Internet/phone/TV;

6. A Nikon D-200 digital SLR;

7. Tokina 12-24mm zoom for the Nikon;

8. Nikon SB-800 flash;

9. Pantone Huey color monitor calibrator;

10. Nikon Coolscan V slide scanner (still on backorder); and

11. My very first cellphone.

Joined the digital age in one big fell swoop; I'm trying to wade thru about 2,800 pages of instruction manuals and its been very, very hard to go to work these last two weeks!
:D

I still don't have a cell. :D_~

• Members

I'd love to get a baby grand but I don't think I can fit that in amongst all the recording and drum gear I want to buy.

Update to my G.A.S: 14x10" Pearl MRX floor tom, 14" paiste signature crash, 12 or 13.5" snare, maybe a black panther or pearl reference, or brady, or something {censored}ing awesome.

At the moment I'm using some really old snare that i got 2nd hand 6 years ago and has a cracked skin, (which is still the original one i got it with).

It's a long story ok?

• Members

What's wrong with UPS?
:thu:

Hey, if you want to pay them for shipping a piano, by all means give them a call.

I personally get antsy when they are shipping a video card. I've known people who work there - they ain't the most careful people on the loading docks.

• Moderators

Lee:

You seem to be really high on those Cad Trion 8000 tube mics since coming back from the show.

Can you give a few reasons why you like them so much?

I'll be in the market for a main home studio mic soon and may have to throw this one into the mix.

Well...

It's tough to tell with all the noise on the floor for sure but, it sounded great on my voice. GREAT on my voice. The low end was extended but solid. The highs didn't sizzle. It's midrange retained that punchy thing that the CAD 6000 has. They're multipattern so I can do all the things I can with the pair of 414's I use but with that nice creamy, solid bottom (did i say that?). Blumlien, spaced omni, XY. My big room sounds great but I can never quite get the girth I looking for. These might do it. They're CHEAP! And they sound great. And they're CHEAP!

It's only a guess but I bet they'd be the dog's dangly's as OH's...

• Members

Last year's GAS aquisitions:

Casio Privia Digital Piano

Sonar 5

Nikon D50 SLR Digital Camera

Rode NTK

Great River ME 1NV

RNLA

Ampeg SVT-410HLF cab

Ampeg B2RE Amp

This year's desirables

Fender USA Jazz Standard Bass