Free La2a VST Win Emu and more

Alndln2

• Members

Well, it doesn't quite sound like the real one or the UAD one, but it sounds very good on it's own and is reminicent and let's those on a budget dream thanks to the identical(almost) GUI, but the guy has a bunch of other free plugs which are quite good according to the general consensus on KVR-Vst(haven't had a chance to try the others myself yet) so maybe you'll find them usefull.

• Members

Why are they free? Has anyone verified that they don't have a virus?

I don't use virus software, but no problems here. Plenty of people at the Sonar Forums and KVR have downloaded these and no one has reported any of those problems. I did initially have other problems when downloading the plugins individually. In Sonar 6(what I use) only 2 plugins showed up and they were different from their names, and the Directixer would only register one plug claiming the others were registered as the same plug. Maybe my initial download was corrupt, but when I downloded the bundles all was fine.

• Members
How is the sound? Are these any good?

They range from very good to so so for my taste. The La2a emu is a keeper for me because it's similar(not quite the same)to the UAD and Bomb Factory emu's and sounds quite good regardless.I also like the Exciter, not because it sounds like one, but I like the effect. The Spacer(delay) I'm just starting to play with and it seems it's an attempt at something from Eventide roughly. I'm not thrilled with limiters in general so I guess it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on these.

I just got a Mac and have to setup another PC to try them...

Not sure I'd go that far personally, but if your going to use the Pc anyway they'd be a welcome addition.

• Members
What's the odds he's stripping certain code and just repackaging existing plugs?

I think he's copying the Gui's more than anything, and throwing them in front of generic synth edit creations. Not to say that's bad, becuse in some cases like the La2a he's gotten somewhat close in character. I wonder if Behringer is behind all this. :idea::D

Archived