Elapsed time to burn a cd

LiveMusic

• Members

I'm guessing that what you are doing to change the burn speed is not actually changing the speed. Do you have a box checked somewhere that states something to the effect of "burn at maximum possible speed"? It may also be a result of having one speed selected in your hardware setup and another speed selected in your burning software.

• Members

I'm guessing that what you are doing to change the burn speed is not actually changing the speed. Do you have a box checked somewhere that states something to the effect of "burn at maximum possible speed"?

Wow, duh, I think you are absolutely right. I'm not too bright sometimes. Now, that makes sense. This means that all this time, like for a couple of years, I have been burning at 52x, thinking I have been burning at 4x. (Thinking that burning at 4x would give maximum compatibility with cd players.)

Actually, that seems like a software interface bug. It should barf and say "You can't do both."

I guess the good news is I've not had but a few people complain of compatibility. Bad news is when I really DO burn at 4x, wow, that sucker's likely to take all day. I'll try it.

Archived