Sonar Users Please Help!

audioicon

• Members

I'm currently using Sonar Producer Edition 4.4 and would like to save my songs/wav files to DVD or CD. I once messed with the master audio folder and could not get Sonar to open the songs anymore, I kept getting error messages saying, cannot find audio files.

How do I go about this? I have an idea of how to do it but like I said I don't wanna mess with my songs and not be able to retreive them.

Any help, explaination will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Audioicon

• Members

Check out the helpfile under Consolidate Project Audio.

That will put all of your project's audio in one file. Then locate the CWP file for your project and copy it to the consolidated audio file. Save the file to a CD and your done.

This article has some good suggestions too.

http://www.keyboardmag.com/story.asp?sectioncode=32&storycode=12919

• Members

I'm currently using Sonar Producer Edition 4.4 and would like to save my songs/wav files to DVD or CD. I once messed with the master audio folder and could not get Sonar to open the songs anymore, I kept getting error messages saying, cannot find audio files.

How do I go about this? I have an idea of how to do it but like I said I don't wanna mess with my songs and not be able to retreive them.

Any help, explaination will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Audioicon

Download the Cakewalk Audio Finder Tool.

• Members

Check out the helpfile under Consolidate Project Audio.

That will put all of your project's audio in one file. Then locate the CWP file for your project and copy it to the consolidated audio file. Save the file to a CD and your done.

This article has some good suggestions too.

I'm not infront of Sonar right now but I have all the audio files saved in a file I named "Master audio vault" on my external HD, are you saying I should create a folder on my external hard drive for each project and copy that folder/file to cd/dvd?

I could copy my entire "Master Audio Vault" to DVD but it's like over 50GB!

The reason I am asking is because I want to use caution, not to f*** things up. But thanks very much!

Audioicon

• Members

"...I....would like to save my songs/wav files to DVD or CD. I once messed with the master audio folder and could not get Sonar to open the songs anymore, I kept getting error messages saying, cannot find audio files.......How do I go about this...."

Are you asking how to consolidate audio or how to export the whole project to

stereo?

• Members

Are you asking how to consolidate audio or how to export the whole project to

stereo?

Okay, I have sonar configured to save all audio files on my external hardrive.

I configured this by going to the audio settings.

So when ever I record a song, all audio files related to that song is saved on my external hard drive. I created a folder on my external hard drive I called, "master audio vault" all audio tracks are saved in this folder.

My question is, how do I saved the songs in this folder to a DVD or a CD? Do I have to configure Sonar to save audio files on CD/DVD?

I want to save all the individual tracks, not a stereo track as if I was bouncing. So you record a song that contains 25 audio tracks. You want to back up the song by saving the song including all 25 audio tracks on a CD/DVD.

Audioicon

• Members

Maybe I should re-phrased the question, how do you take your songs to other studios? If you used Sonar and want to take your songs to Jonny Bravo for mixing, how do you save the audio files so you can take it to Jonny?

Basically I'm trying to back up these files to DVD/CD.

Any help?

• Members

Maybe I should re-phrased the question, how do you take your songs to other studios? If you used Sonar and want to take your songs to Jonny Bravo for mixing, how do you save the audio files so you can take it to Jonny?

Basically I'm trying to back up these files to DVD/CD.

Any help?

Export each track, at track length, without plugins (in mono if going to Pro Tools).

OMF might or might not work, or be easy to use. Or try to export each track as a Broadcast wave, which should import into most DAWs at their timestamp location.

But my first suggestion is the only foolproof method, and it's not limited to SONAR.

• Members

Do check out the link to that Keyboard article I wrote -- you'll find it helpful.

I've had good luck with OMF transfers, even to different programs on Mac. But render any soft synths to audio first.

• Members

Export each track, at track length, without plugins (in mono if going to Pro Tools).

But my first suggestion is the only foolproof method, and it's not limited to SONAR.

Agreed, this is the best way. I do transfers all the time, and simply save them like this. The other person simply reimports all the tracks with his/her DAW. Since they're all aligned already, it's all ready to go.

• Members

Sorry I'm not sitting infront of Sonar right now but this is what I'm understand. Select an audio track and export it to a folder to burn to cd/dvd right? One question, if I select all the audio tracks, can I export them to a folder and burn them, will they be in order for example, according to how they are layed out?

I will open a song and try this method, will post results back here tonight.

Thanks very much everyone.

Hey! Craig, I actually printed the article, nicely written :thu:

Audioicon

Archived