NPR All Songs Considered Podcast...

• Members

Just a plug....I seldom catch ASC on NPR, but I LOVE the podcast, and am currently enjoying the live concert of the Death Cab for Cutie Frontman's concert in DC. I had only heard one song form them, and really like this live acoustic set.

Anyway, just word out....all of you busy people who don't catch NPR on the radio, check out the podcast. Lots of good new artists, and lots of established artists..Good stuff.

• Members

You are welcome...:)

One of the best things about podcasts is that they are a little like a Tivo for radio. There are still tons of good things out there, but you gotta catch them when they are on or they are gone...Podcasts or netcasts or whatever take the timing factor out of it...It also makes me wonder what I have missed on radio over the years...

• Members

Until I just saw your post I had never heard of ASC or NPR

and I have no clue what they are. Radio Stations maybe?

Is this what you are talking about?

Edit: 5 minutes later: OK I found it.

NPR = National Public Radio.

And ASC is All Songs Considered.... which is a web based

radio show on NPR yeah?

Gotta love/hate Google.;)

2nd Edit (Another 5 minutes later): Cool! Just downloaded

Bjorks performance from the United Palace in New York City.

N.Y., originally webcast live on NPR.org May 5.

Took just on 2 minutes!

Very cool!

Thank you for turning me on to this.......

• Members

You are welcome...!

So many people do not know about it, because they either have never been in the car when it is on, or, no one they know has passed it along. NPR is really a treasure, musically and otherwise.

I listened to the Bjork one as well, and bought her new CD...not too impressed, but she is way more hit or miss with me. I think of NPR/ASC as the Austin City Limits of the podcasts. Ther are just not enough shows like this, or, if there are, I wish people would share them on here.

Archived