I think I have solved my tinnitus problem.

Rabid

• Members

My ears have been ringing for years and I always thought the source was loud music in college followed by years on stage between the drummer and the bassist. Two months ago I went to Florida for 10 days and my allergies cleared up. It wasn

• Members

yes , i definitely have an allergy problem which i even had an operation for .

i should be receiving a series of shots but i don ' t have insurance . this could be something that may alleviate my tinnitus which i am listening to right now ..... some days the ringing is more noticable than others ... man! is it loud today ! i don't know if i am supposed to say this in the forum but smoking weed cuts it way down for me .... but i quit smoking a long long time ago ! makes me too paranoid ......:thu:

sirreal7

sirreal7@hotmail.com

• Members

I offer this because it helps me -- I know it sounds wack and, so far, no one has chimed up and said, "Hey, that worked for me, too!"

It's no cure but it has, for me, often alleviated symptomatic flare-ups (sudden, relatively loud high pitched increases in background tinnitis)...

So... who knows. But it's free and non-chemical and non-invasive:

When I my tinnitus becomes particularly noticeable (as it does from time to time, usually gradually but finally becoming noticeable), I position my fingers over the flesh tabs in front of the ear canal and push them closed to varying degrees.

I often find that there is a certain resulting "aperture" size that seems to minimize the ringing -- and it often drops by a very noticeable amount after a few moments.

I've read conjecture that there may be some sort of "feedback" problem involved in some tinnitus and I don't know if this relates to that but it has, at any rate, given me

some, noticeable relief many, maybe most times I've tried it.

Of course, particularly with something like this: YMMV.

• Members

Rabid - I hope you have indeed solved your Tinnitus problem. I have suffered with this also for about 4 years. I don't think mine is allergy related, though. I'm pretty sure it was from noise exposure, since I went to loud concert by a Pink Floyd tribute band and left with my ears ringing and my hearing was never the same after that. I've had a high pitched sound in my ears pretty much 24 hours a day for the past 4 years. I've tried a lot of different things, but no results. I'd love to find that it was due to allergies or something treatable, but it doesn't seem likely. But I wish you and any other Tinnitus sufferer all the best.

• Members

blue: I do the exact same thing.

To add to that, at times I've zeroed in on the pitch of the tinnitus, matched it with humming, then started dropping the pitch; the tinnitus tends to follow it. I end up guiding it down so low that either it goes away or I can't hear it.

• Members

I offer this because it helps me -- I know it sounds wack and, so far, no one has chimed up and said, "Hey, that worked for me, too!"

It's no cure but it has, for me, often alleviated symptomatic flare-ups (sudden, relatively loud high pitched increases in background tinnitis)...

So... who knows. But it's free and non-chemical and non-invasive:

When I my tinnitus becomes particularly noticeable (as it does from time to time, usually gradually but finally becoming noticeable), I position my fingers over the flesh tabs in front of the ear canal and push them closed
to varying degrees.

I often find that there is a certain resulting "aperture" size that seems to minimize the ringing -- and it often drops by a very noticeable amount after a few moments.

LOL! I have my own version of that...instead I use the palms of my hands and push my outer ears to vacuum-shut my ears closed...the vacuum-pressure I create in my ear canal stabilizes the ringing after a few minutes...if I leave a loud club or concert, lock myself alone in my car and do this, I can hear the ringing gradually fade and the frequencies go down. Nevertheless it's pretty much the same concept...

Archived